Premium

Country

US

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Songs will not play when trying to play a song within my 'Liked Songs' playlist. Taping on the song does nothing, tapping on other songs does nothing. When I tap on 'Shuffle,' it will start playing songs immediately. I can also 'queue' a song that I was having issues with, skip to the next song, and the song will play without any issues.

The entire point of Spotify is to be able to listen to music, and I can literally can't listen to music. Yikes.

Yes I've tried a reinstall.

Yes I've tried clearing data.

Yes I've tried clearing cache.

Yes I've tried clearing Android cache.

9 Replies

Hi there @Starworshipper,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know if this is happening in any other playlist, or just Liked Songs?

We'd also recommend you log in with a different account to test if everything works fine on that one. You can ask a friend/family member to log in with theirs or create a free test account (you should be able to play song previews in Liked songs)

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

After a bit of testing, it seems to only occur on my 'Liked Songs' playlist. I tried on a few other playlists and the songs played as soon as I tapped.

I have not been able to test on a seperate account as of yet.

Hi again @Starworshipper

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If possible, could you try logging into your account using a different device to see if the issue persists?

Also, let us know how it goes as soon as you're able to test this with a different account so we can keep on investigating this behavior.

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I just tried on a second device running a fresh install of Android and the issue was the same. Tapping a song won't play it, but 'shuffle play' or adding the song to my queue and skipping forward does play the song.

Hey @Starworshipper,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

If this behavior is persisting on a different device, it might be account-related. To determine if this is the case, it'd be helpful if you could try using a different account on the affected device. If you can't borrow another account, you can create a new free account using a different email here to test this.

We'd also like to know if the issue persists while using a different connection, like another WiFi network or mobile data, and if it also happens while the Offline Mode is enabled.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I just tried with a brand new account, and added about 150+ songs to my 'Liked Songs' default playlist. Tapping on a song causes it to play immediately, without any issues.

Back to my main account, the issues occurs on WiFi, Mobile Data, and while in Offline Mode playing songs that I have downloaded on a different playlist.

Hi again @Starworshipper,

Thanks for your quick reply.

This indicates that the issue is indeed isolated to your account. In this case, we recommend keeping the new account and transferring your content over following the steps in this guide.

Since subscriptions can't be transferred, we recommend cancelling your current subscription with these steps, then subscribing on the new account.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Oof, yikes. Yea, let me give up my old account that has a grandfathered 'Spotify + Hulu' subscription and lots of historic memory-filled playlists in order to use a new account. Not to mention, transferring 'Liked Songs' isn't even an option since I have so many, I've already been through this when you guys changed 'Songs' to 'Liked Songs' and got rid of the '+' icon.

Feels bad.

Hi there @Starworshipper,

Thanks for the reply.

If you're having trouble transferring your Library you can reach out to the Customer Support team here. They'll be happy to help with whatever is possible. 

Hope you find this info useful.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts