Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Moto Play Droid

Operating System

Latest Android

My Question or Issue

I cannot seem to switch my internal stoage from internal to external. It was external a couple of days ago, but the something happened and all of my downloaded music disappeared, and now the "storage" button is unresponsive. Please help?

3 Replies

Hey @Hawkflight,

The issue where all your downloaded tracks being deleted is a known issue, however, I don't think it is fixable on Spotify's end as it is how sd cards are handled by Android that causes the issue.

I'm unsure as to why the storage button doesn't work though, have you tried restarting your phone or a clean install of Spotify?

I have tried restarting my phone. I'm a bit hesitant to reinstall Spotify, as I don't want to have to bother with redownloading all 100+ playlists.

Hey,

I'm really sorry to say, but I believe you will need to download all the tracks again anyways, as when using an SD card to store the tracks, when something goes wrong and Spotify can't access the files, Spotify can't resync the songs again (which is quite frustrating, I understand that) from my understanding.

My only tips to avoid this issue in future is when you restart your phone, wait until your phone has completely started up, check your gallery or use a file manager to access the SD card to make sure it is actually being accessed by Android and in turn Spotify (or you can just wait a couple minutes before opening Spotify) so then Spotify won't think that the files are missing and not allow you to listen to tracks offline and cause you to need to redownload all the tracks.

As for the download button not working, perhaps changing your storage location from SD to Internal back to SD may fix that, but by the same token, a clean reinstall should fix it also.

I'm sorry I couldn't help more! I hope you don't have to much hassle whilst you are redownloading your tracks!

Suggested posts