Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Sync Over Home WiFi

Solved!

Cannot Sync Over Home WiFi

Hi, I'm having an issue where my phone isn't syncing music over my home wifi.  Appears to work just fine at work and on cell data, so appears there's an issue with my home network.

I've logged into my router and it is allowing UPnP.

I've tried turning off Windows Firewall for a few minutes, but that did not appear to make things work again.

I have not made any changes to my network.

This issue appears to have started recently as I used to be able to sync on my home network just fine.  Here are the only changes I can think of that I've made:

1. Upgraded to Windows 10; used all the default settings.
  2. Uninstalled AVG anti-virus (for the moment, just using the out of the box windows defender)

I did number 2 more recently, so I think it might be related to the uninstall of AVG.  Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I figured out the solution. I feel a little dumb...

Turns out the old IT, "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?" mantra runs true again.  I had to close out of Spotify on my PC completely, including background processes, and now I'm syncing again!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi. Try to check without AVG. Some antivirus have a lot of security functionality and they may prevent apps from doing something. In my case I only use Windows Defender and I think it's enough.

Yeah I uninstalled AVG, so there already isn't AVG in place...
Marked as solution

So I figured out the solution. I feel a little dumb...

Turns out the old IT, "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?" mantra runs true again.  I had to close out of Spotify on my PC completely, including background processes, and now I'm syncing again!

Suggested posts