Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cannot connect Sonos speakers on Spotify

Cannot connect Sonos speakers on Spotify

Hi all, I know this topic has been raised before, but whereas it seemed to be solved with a Spotify update, this doesn't work for me. To clarify the issue: if I want to connect Spotify to my Sonos speakers from my android phone, I (sometimes) see the speakers as an option to connect to, but when clicking on it, the music continues to play from my phone. I have exactly the same problem when trying to play music through my Sonos speakers through the Spotify desktop app on my laptop, causing me to be a bit in the blue on what the issue might be. Playing music through the Sonos speakers using the Sonos controller on both phone and laptop works without any problem. As I only recently bought the Sonos speakers (only with the intend to play Spotify music on them..), this hasn't worked since the start - so not something that recently stopped working. I have updated the Spotify app, removed and reinstalled the app (same done for the desktop version), updated Sonos software, rebooted router and speakers, restarted everything, but nothing works and have gotten pretty frustrated in the process.. Anyone who can help on how to get this resolved? Many thanks in advance for the support!

2 Replies

Hey @henkdevries12.

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this - we're here to help 🙂

We were actually having similar problems with our Sonos speaker in the office. What we did was downloaded the Amazon Alexa app (this works for Android devices at least) and logged in to our Amazon account from the phone from which we wanted to control the Sonos speaker, and the Connect feature worked.

Do you mind giving it a go and letting us know if it works for you?

We'll be right here in case you have any other questions 🙂

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for getting back to me, appreciated. However,  I already resolved the issue through other ways. I realized my Sonos account was registered in China (my current location), which prevented me from adding Spotify as a music service to Sonos. Once I adjusted my Sonos account location registration I was able to add Spotify as a Music Service and have the speakers play Spotify music via Spotify Connect. 

Thanks nonetheless. 

Henk

Suggested posts