Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot connect

Cannot connect

Since the last update (performed yesterday) the app does not play songs. There is a messagre "no internet connection", though the internet connection of my smartphone is up and working. Is there a problem?

7 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I too have had this issue, even after following the steps for the clean install, etc.
All other apps work splendidly while using the WiFi but Spotify apparently cannot connect and this only began occuring since the auto-update took place yesterday. Is there a location to download the previous version? Current version number is 2.9.0.890 running on a Motorola Droid Razr HD.

As I use Spotify on my Smartphone for a year already (Samsung S4), this probem is certainly not an install problem, as updates are being processed automatically directly from Play Store, Obviousy it is a bug and should be fixed as soon as possible.

Daniel, I undestand you being a Spotify support member. Thank you on all accounts for your help attempt. In your posting I find the reflexive impulse of many support members to never allow the possibility that the problem could be caused by the software. As in this case the app has been replaced by an update (in a long row of previous updates) without further alterations, this possibility should be taken in account first, before expecting your users to undergo such vast recovery activities. It is a question of customer focus.

Members of support have an important responsibility for their users to act for their best. Unfortunately, many support members are not always aware of this responsibility.

Www.apkmirror.com

Search for spotify and install 2.8

Workt for me...hoping that they fix it soon

There is just 2.9 available. Anyway, what good is it to install an older version because the new one is buggy? What we need is a bugfix.

This I found out today: The problem occurs with WLAN only. Apparently version 2.9 does not recognize the WLAN connection properly. Needless to say that my WLAN is up and working with every other application.

Suggested posts