Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot delete songs from sdcard

Cannot delete songs from sdcard

Hello,

my English isn't very well so I'm sorry for mistakes, but I'll try to express my problem in a way which everyone can understand..

First of all I'm very pleased with spotify, very good work, I'm lovin it!

To come to my problem:

I have some playlists in spotify where the songs are always available offline in Android (HTC One S) when I add a song there. 
My problem is, when I delete one file from the playlist, the size of the folder "sdcard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui" won't be smaller. The other way around when I add songs, the folder becomes bigger after downloading the song.. Thats normal but the folder should be smaller if I delete a song or not?

For example at the moment I have 183 offline available songs in the spotify app and the size of the folder is 1,73GB but when I delete one song so that I have 182 offline songs the size is still 1,73GB... I think it makes more sense when the files are deleted completely after deleting from the playlist so that I don't have storage problems some day. Does anyone know this problem?

Thank you..

1 Reply

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I am not really familiar with the android application, however, I am pretty sure that the Spotify application will delete the track eventually. The reasoning behind the application holding tracks in its cache is to save bandwidth. I guess it holds deleted tracks for a while after you remove them just incase you didn't mean to delete the track. Imagine the bandwidth that would be wasted if you accidentally undownloaded an entire playlist and the application deleted all the tracks straight away! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts