Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Phone has STOPPED showing up under devices.

So, until four days ago, Spotify was working completely fine, both on my computer and phone. Everything was syncing perfectly. But then (another issue), I had to reboot the phone, only a couple of hours after my Spotify Premium ran out. I now have bo...

• So, until four days ago, Spotify was working completely fine, both on my computer and phone. Everything was syncing perfectly. But then (another issue), I had to reboot the phone, only a couple of ho...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems using the wi/fi or 3G with spotify

Everytime i turn on online mode spotify just shuts down, can't do anything not sync my songs to offline mode or anything.What is wrong? anyone got an idea?

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime i turn on online mode spotify just shuts down, can't do anything not sync my songs to offline mode or anything. What is wrong? anyone got an idea?  
  • Truls
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook are logging me off?

Why do I need to choose Spotify or facebook when i use my mobilephone? I got premium Spotify, NOT facebook! I use it in my car and if I have to log in because of this virus called facebook every time i get in my car, this music app will not work for ...

• Casual Listener
  • Why do I need to choose Spotify or facebook when i use my mobilephone? I got premium Spotify, NOT facebook! I use it in my car and if I have to log in because of this virus called facebook every ...
  • eyvinnen
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify not starting

hello i formated my sd card and it seems like something happend cause when i try to get on spotify on the phone it just change screen then back again to were i can start it. whats wrong? i tryed to reinstall it but just keep repeating it just seems l...

• hello i formated my sd card and it seems like something happend cause when i try to get on spotify on the phone it just change screen then back again to were i can start it. whats wrong? i tryed to r...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Play Queue needs major overhaul! :)

Hi guys Thank you for this cool service - and for bringing it to mobile platforms too. It has huge potential and I hope you will put the time and ressources in to keep developing this! Now, I really like the Spotify desktop version. It's easy and fas...

• Hi guys   Thank you for this cool service - and for bringing it to mobile platforms too. It has huge potential and I hope you will put the time and ressources in to keep developing this! 🙂 ...
  • Brent212
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify closes instantly after i open it on my android.

Need help with this problem, i am using a samsung galaxy s2 gt-i9100. When i open spotify it closes almost immediately, i don't even have time to click on a playlist. I've tried to uninstall and install again, restarted my phone a couple of times but...

• Casual Listener
  • Need help with this problem, i am using a samsung galaxy s2 gt-i9100. When i open spotify it closes almost immediately, i don't even have time to click on a playlist. I've tried to uninstall and inst...
  • pixvix
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Online problems

Hello, i have been using spotify premium for some time now, but since recently i'm having trouble. Whenever i go online (doesn't matter wich network im in ) spotify crashes instantly and i have to turn my wifi off, otherwise theres no way for me to a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i have been using spotify premium for some time now, but since recently i'm having trouble. Whenever i go online (doesn't matter wich network im in ) spotify crashes instantly and i have to tu...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't Get Past Data Flat Rate Warning Message

Hey,On my samsung galaxy s2 running ICS, I can't get past the message that warns about data usage, right after you log in. The message keeps coming up after pressing 'OK'.has anyone else had this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, On my samsung galaxy s2 running ICS, I can't get past the message that warns about data usage, right after you log in. The message keeps coming up after pressing 'OK'. has anyone else had ...
  • mattyalexander
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can you make Spotify stay in offline mode?

Hi I am using Spotify Premium on an HTC Desire S. My problm relates to off-line mode. When i force Spotify into offline mode it will only stay offline providing the phone remains switched on. If i turn the phone off and back on when i try to login to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I am using Spotify Premium on an HTC Desire S.  My problm relates to off-line mode.  When i force Spotify into offline mode it will only stay offline providing the phone remains switch...
  • jay1464
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant go online on Samsung Galaxy II

I cant go online, and Spotify just shows me "You are in offline mode", BUT WHAT DI I DO TO GET IN ONLINE MODE??? (I am connected to my home wi-fi

• Casual Listener
  • I cant go online, and Spotify just shows me "You are in offline mode", BUT WHAT DI I DO TO GET IN ONLINE MODE??? (I am connected to my home wi-fi
  • jayjay18
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App Android

I have a problem with the application on my mobile phone. When I fill my e-mail and my password , It shows a warning message on the data transfert of the streaming music and when I click on OK, the same message come again. I have a sony Xperia S

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem with the application on my mobile phone. When I fill my e-mail and my password , It shows a warning message on the data transfert of the streaming music and when I click on OK, the s...
  • lgfr
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes when I star a song that is playing

Hi, Every time I star a song that is playing (to add it to fav and have it available offline) Spotify crashes. I have an HTC Thunderbolt

• Hi,   Every time I star a song that is playing (to add it to fav and have it available offline) Spotify crashes.   I have an HTC Thunderbolt 
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify app exits directly after login, on ICS

I have a Nexus S android running ICS.A couple of days ago the Spotify app started malfunctioning. When I started it, it would log in as expected and display the playlists. However, after a small number of seconds, it exited without any warning whatso...

• Regular
  • I have a Nexus S android running ICS. A couple of days ago the Spotify app started malfunctioning. When I started it, it would log in as expected and display the playlists. However, after a small nu...
  • Matt1984
  • Casual Listener
  • 44 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 4 likes

Why my local files don't appear in my library?

Subject says it all. I'm missing the local files which I haven't starred. It's really annoying cause i'm not going to star 800 songs. The songs are divided to 2 parts: starred and local files. All I want is that they would be under same directory/fil...

• Casual Listener
  • Subject says it all. I'm missing the local files which I haven't starred. It's really annoying cause i'm not going to star 800 songs. The songs are divided to 2 parts: starred and local files. All I ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has too many issues on my tablet

I have a Vizio tablet and Spotify has too many issues for me to wnt to use it on it. First, when I try logging on, I constantly tells me about a warning for data usage. I click ok and it gives me the warning....over and over and over. The forces me t...

• I have a Vizio tablet and Spotify has too many issues for me to wnt to use it on it. First, when I try logging on, I constantly tells me about a warning for data usage. I click ok and it gives me the...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can not get past a warning screen in Andriod

I have Spotify Premium and installed the app on my mobile andriod phone, Samsung SG2. The login was successful, but can not get past the window that warns of high date consumption (my data bundle has a max of 1000MB). This warning screen comes back e...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium and installed the app on my mobile andriod phone, Samsung SG2. The login was successful, but can not get past the window that warns of high date consumption (my data bundle has...
  • caccie42
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy S II

The official update of the Galaxy S II to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is due this weekend! From Samsung's FAQ: (3) Application compatibilityIn ICS OS, few applications downloaded from Android market or other will not work because they are not opti...

• Community Legend
  • The official update of the Galaxy S II to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is due this weekend! From Samsung's FAQ:   (3)   Application compatibility In ICS OS, few applica...
  • BioZvin
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Phone goes offline/online constantly

My phone bounces between online and offline, never staying online for more than 2-3 seconds. This happens in full services areas, and occasionally when on wifi. Other services like Google Music stream fine, so it's not the data connection. Anyone els...

• Casual Listener
  • My phone bounces between online and offline, never staying online for more than 2-3 seconds. This happens in full services areas, and occasionally when on wifi. Other services like Google Music strea...
  • heresandyboy
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Tracks that will play but won't sync

Got this problem with a couple of playlists. They are set to be synced to the phone. The playlist says that it is downloaded. But only a few of the tracks have the green marker beside them to say they are actually local files. The tracks that don't h...

• Gig Goer
  • Got this problem with a couple of playlists.   They are set to be synced to the phone. The playlist says that it is downloaded. But only a few of the tracks have the green marker beside them t...
  • Brainfish
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Open Spotify Links in the new Spotify Preview

When pressing the "Play in Spotify" link in Shazam, it doesn't open the song in spotify but opens the browser to log into the spotify account. Not sure if this is a spotify or shazam bug, but it's there.

• When pressing the "Play in Spotify" link in Shazam, it doesn't open the song in spotify but opens the browser to log into the spotify account.   Not sure if this is a spotify or shazam bug, bu...
  • mekon
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes