Premium

Country

Slovakia

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note10

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I have an issue with my duo playlist. All the songs are from my friend, and when I click on the playlist I get a pop-up message: Join your Duo Mix to be included in the mix. When I click to join it is buggy and appears and disappears every couple of seconds. When I click the 3 dots and click join the playlist, it says I have successfully joined the playlist. But nothing has changed, songs are the same and when I click 3 dots again, it still says : join the playlist. The weirdest thing is that when I go on webbrowser and to www.spotify.com/account/duo it says that I already am in the playlist.

Why don't I see my songs then? I tried to reinstall app, login again, update it, but nothing worked. Thanks

5 Replies

Hey @SamuelVan

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

In case you still get this pop-up after a simple reinstall it's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall of the app. We recommend this for being more thorough in removing corrupted app data that could be causing the issue. 

If this persists after a clean reinstall, try logging in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Hi Ivan,

thanks for your answer, I tried clean reinstalling and it didn't help, unfortunately. After reinstalling, the problem persists, although it is less buggy and the pop-up message does not show up and disappear randomly, still, every time I press join, it does only say that I have joined, but it doesn't do anything. I am no part of the playlist even after a click, and when I click on the three dots, there is still an option to join, even if I have already clicked that. As seen in the attachment. 

Preview attachment Screenshot_20210202-104408_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20210202-104408_Spotify.jpg
546 KB

Preview attachment Screenshot_20210202-104415_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20210202-104415_Spotify.jpg
542 KB

Also, I am still really confused how on the web it says that I am in the duo mix and only gives me option to leave it: 

9JEJ6Km.png

I tried Spotify on other device and had the same result. I remember that our subscription ended in December 2020, and then I had to manually be added to duo again, and in this instance it maybe switched to my friend's account only. However, it shouldn't be an issue since we did everything correctly and we are in the same duo plan now. 

Thanks for your answer!

Hey @SamuelVan

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Next thing we can try is asking your friend to remove you from the plan if he's the current plan manager. Once you've been removed, he must send you a new invite and you should join the Duo plan once again. Check out this help article on how to do this.

If this doesn't do the trick, try how it goes with a different Spotify account. You can try adding the account of a friend or a family member or create a free test account for this purpose. Give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

Didnt work for me on a computer or phone. Still unresolved.

Hey @Foxtrot626,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try using a different network, like another WiFi network or mobile hotspot?

If this doesn't work, if you're the member of the Duo plan, ask the owner to remove you and invite you again to see how it goes.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts