Premium

Country

AUT

Device

Huawei Honor 10

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I've done some research and it seems like I should be able to like songs on the lock screen by pulling down the lock screen banner. However, it doesn't let me. Whenever I click anywhere on the lock screen it prompts me to unlock my phone, so I can't drag and pull anything. How can I like songs from the lock screen?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

hi oscar, thank you for your reply!

i couldn't find any "quick menu" settings on my phone, BUT the good news is that i still managed to fix it 😄

it seems to have been a problem with a facial recognition setting that i had enabled on my phone, see the attached image. the setting "only show the content of lock screen notifications when your face is recognized" had been enabled, and when i disabled it, it worked! 😄 i still can't drag the top of my lock screen down, it takes that as wanting to unlock my phone, but i can double tap on the spotify widget, which makes it bigger and puts it on the top of the screen (instead of in the middle), where i can then like the song!

thank you everyone for your efforts @Jeremy @Eni @OscarDC!

View solution in original post

photo_2022-10-02_22-58-29.jpg
11 Replies

Hi there @d1c3,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

On Android you should be able to tap, hold and drag down the Spotify bar in lock screen to reveal the option to like ('heart') a song.

Can you provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

hi jeremy, thank you for the quick reply! i hope the video helps. 

basically, whenever i tap on the spotify banner on the lock screen it thinks i want to unlock my phone and prompts me to tap twice or look at it to unlock it. the same happens if the ultra power saving mode is activated, i could try to capture that as well if it helps. (the facial recognition doesn't work in that mode, but i still can't drag the spotify banner anywhere).

thank you! 

Hi again @d1c3,

Thank you for your reply and for providing us a recording.

Can you let us know which version of the app you're having? We also want you to make sure that you're running the latest OS version.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi again Jeremy,

I just installed the most recent update, I'm now running Spotify 8.7.68.568. (It still doesn't work after the most recent update and I don't think it's a version issue because I don't remember it ever working.)

I checked my OS for updates, but there aren't any available to install. I'm running EMUI 10.0.0.180 and Android 10.

Cheers,

d1c3

Hey @d1c3

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you perform a reinstall of the app on your phone by following these specific steps?

If this didn't do the trick, there're also a few other things we can try. Can you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled?

1. Open your Settings menu.
  2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.
  3. Enable everything you see.

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

thanks for your answer! I tried everything you mentioned. I did the detailled reinstallation following the instructions you linked, which didn't help, unfortunately.

Then I enabled all possible permissions for Spotify, and then I excluded it from all battery saving settings. I don't have a battery saving app on my phone.

The situation is still the same, unfortunately.

Let me know if you need any more info or pictures or so.

Thank you!

Hi @d1c3

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you check if you can replicate this behavior on a different phone with your account?

Also, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to see if the same happens with their account?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

thank you.

Unfortunately neither of them worked.

My friend's account on my phone ended up being the same as my account on my phone.

My account on my friend's phone didn't work either, but his account on his phone doesn't work either, I think that might be a separate bug. The heart shows up on the lock screen, but it's not clickable.

Hey @d1c3,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

If is not working on a different device, it's possible that you're seeing just the widget available on the lock screen, but you're not displaying the widget in the Quick menu.

On the lock screen, swipe down from the top of the screen to display the Quick menu. There you'll see the widget, but it contains the heart to like the song before the playback buttons as seen bellow.

In case you don't have this Quick menu option on your phone, we'd recommend checking your phone settings to check if that menu is active and why it is not displaying when swiping the screen down.

Lastly, it would be great if you could include a different video where we can see the widget in the quick menu with the missing option. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

hi oscar, thank you for your reply!

i couldn't find any "quick menu" settings on my phone, BUT the good news is that i still managed to fix it 😄

it seems to have been a problem with a facial recognition setting that i had enabled on my phone, see the attached image. the setting "only show the content of lock screen notifications when your face is recognized" had been enabled, and when i disabled it, it worked! 😄 i still can't drag the top of my lock screen down, it takes that as wanting to unlock my phone, but i can double tap on the spotify widget, which makes it bigger and puts it on the top of the screen (instead of in the middle), where i can then like the song!

thank you everyone for your efforts @Jeremy @Eni @OscarDC!

photo_2022-10-02_22-58-29.jpg

Hey there @d1c3,

We're really glad to know that now it's working well. Also, many thanks for sharing what worked for you, as it may be helpful for other users too!

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Have a nice day 🙂

EniModerator

Suggested posts