Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot remove songs

Cannot remove songs

I upgraded to Premium today, then uninstalled and reinstalled the app so that songs would download on my SD card.  However, I am having a very annoying problem.  Under the Songs tab, I am trying to remove songs so that when I click "Available Offline", it will only choose the few that I want on my SD card.   However, when I click the radio button and click "Remove", the box "Removed from Your Music" pops up, and the song is still there!!!!   The same thing happens if I try to remove it under the Albums or Artists tab. They were removing just fine before I reinstalled.

So what's the trick to removing songs????

BTW I have an HTC One M8 on Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat)

2 Replies

Hmm  - I went to Apps and deleted the cache and all of the existing data.  Reopened, signed in again, and now it can remove stuff.

BTW, is there user manual, or are we just supposed to figure all of this stuff out on our own or spend hours researching each question???

Hi, the cache does stay on the device for a while after clicking remove... this is just to allow you chance to go back or if you did it by accident.

As for a user guide; there's no one-stop guide... however a lot of detail is included in the help pages here: https://support.spotify.com/

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts