Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted songs from playlist

I added a song a few weeks ago and as of a few days I tried listening to it and I can't find it both on my Galaxy S3 and my iMac. Ive tried reserching it but it wont show up please help.

• I added a song a few weeks ago and as of a few days I tried listening to it and I can't find it both on my Galaxy S3 and my iMac. Ive tried reserching it but it wont show up please help.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops when sending a whatsapp message.

Just like the title says.. I own a Samsung Galaxy S4. As soon as I listen to a Spotify song (even offline available ones) and I send a whatsapp message my Spotify stops for a second or two playing.. What could this mean? Is my Spotify or my whatsapp ...

• Casual Listener
  • Just like the title says.. I own a Samsung Galaxy S4. As soon as I listen to a Spotify song (even offline available ones) and I send a whatsapp message my Spotify stops for a second or two playing.. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming spotify to bluetooth speaker

Can you stream spotify from android device to a bluetooth speaker? If so, what's the audio quality and is it bug-free? I'm thinking of buying a samsung da-e670 to be able to stream from both iphone and android. Anyone tried it?

• Can you stream spotify from android device to a bluetooth speaker? If so, what's the audio quality and is it bug-free? I'm thinking of buying a samsung da-e670 to be able to stream from both iphon...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth stream android da-e670
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

updated spotify and lost all my playlists

I recently updated the spotify app for android to version 0.7.9.1170 A couple of days later i lost all my downloaded playlists help!

• I recently updated the spotify app for android to version 0.7.9.1170   A couple of days later i lost all my downloaded playlists   help!
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Title not available on restarting spotify

Hello! Since the last two updates I'm facing the following issue when using Spotify in offline mode. I'm using Spotify on my mobile mainly to listen to offline albums and playlists on my commute from home to work and back again using a bluetooth conn...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   Since the last two updates I'm facing the following issue when using Spotify in offline mode.   I'm using Spotify on my mobile mainly to listen to offline albums and playli...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bug
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

memory full

I have the free trial and im trying to sync my playlist today coz i added some songs on my playlist but it says my memory is full but i checked my ram and rom and sd memory is not full i need help if we can transfer files and if yes how..

• Casual Listener
  • I have the free trial and im trying to sync my playlist today coz i added some songs on my playlist but it says my memory is full but i checked my ram and rom and sd memory is not full i need help if...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My problem is that I can't select the song I want to listen to. I don't know what the problem is.

I can't select the song I want to listen to. All I can do is press shuffle and hope that it plays the one I want to listen to. I would try to delete it and install it again, but judging from other posts like this one, it doesn't work. I have and Andr...

• I can't select the song I want to listen to. All I can do is press shuffle and hope that it plays the one I want to listen to. I would try to delete it and install it again, but judging from other po...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Samsung Galaxy s3 Vibrating to music!

Hi Guys, I've got a strange problem with spotify on my Galaxy s3. When music is playing in spotify, it seems to be linked to the vibration function of the phone because it vibrates in time with music. Now at first I thought it was just vibration from...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Guys,   I've got a strange problem with spotify on my Galaxy s3. When music is playing in spotify, it seems to be linked to the vibration function of the phone because it vibrates in time...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Connect: Android <> Mac cannot find each other

I have Spotify running on my Android phone and my MacBook Pro, both on the latest version. My Android device does not show my Mac (or any other devices) under the Connect tab. I have a Premium account and both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi ...

• I have Spotify running on my Android phone and my MacBook Pro, both on the latest version.  My Android device does not show my Mac (or any other devices) under the Connect tab.     ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashing

Every time I try to open up the Spotify it crashes and says ''Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped.'' I've reported this error and tried re-downloading the app but nothing seems to help... I have Samsung Galaxy S5 with android version 4.4.2. Any ideas ...

• Every time I try to open up the Spotify it crashes and says ''Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped.'' I've reported this error and tried re-downloading the app but nothing seems to help... I have Samsu...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Constant message saying unable to sync as no available space on device

Samsung Galaxy S3 fine until recent security update in June. Now will only download about 300No. tracks from original list before coming up with this message. Uninstalled and tried over and over with no change. Spare capacity of 8.2Gb. Please help be...

• Samsung Galaxy S3 fine until recent security update in June. Now will only download about 300No. tracks from original list before coming up with this message. Uninstalled and tried over and over with...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

2 Android devices have stuttering playback on WIFI when screen is off

I have a Galaxy S4 (ver 4.4, 5ghz N) and an older HTC Incredible 2 (ver. 2.3, 2.4ghz N). I recently had an issue where my S4 was sputtering once the screen was turned off. I know Android "relaxes" the wifi power when idling, and my signal at the time...

• Regular
  • I have a Galaxy S4 (ver 4.4, 5ghz N) and an older HTC Incredible 2 (ver. 2.3, 2.4ghz N). I recently had an issue where my S4 was sputtering once the screen was turned off. I know Android "relaxes" th...
  • marriedgeek
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files from computer will not sync

Hello, After searching around and trying multiple fresh installs nothing seems to be working. I used to have no problem just dragging a local file on my pc and it going to my phone downloaded, but now nothing is working. I have checked my firewall se...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   After searching around and trying multiple fresh installs nothing seems to be working. I used to have no problem just dragging a local file on my pc and it going to my phone downloa...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Facebook

Is it possible to Stop using Facebook with Spotify and if so how to do so

• Casual Listener
  • Is it possible to Stop using Facebook with Spotify and if so how to do so
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New 64GB SD Card gets filled almost instantly by Spotify

So I bought a new 64GB Samsung brand card for my Galaxy 3 for the sole purpose of giving spotify a place to shove music. After syncing about 12 tracks it goes from showing 61GB free on my PC to zero. There is still plenty of space on the device, and ...

• Gig Goer
  • So I bought a new 64GB Samsung brand card for my Galaxy 3 for the sole purpose of giving spotify a place to shove music.  After syncing about 12 tracks it goes from showing 61GB free on my PC to...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! show offline content without having to enable offline mode

I know this was in one of the previuse versions of the mobile app, but I cant seem to find it anymore. Sometimes I just want to listin to all the music I downloded and not all my saved music, so I do not have to use my phones data while im not on wi-...

• Music Fan
  • I know this was in one of the previuse versions of the mobile app, but I cant seem to find it anymore. Sometimes I just want to listin to all the music I downloded and not all my saved music, so I do...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify no internet connection on wifi

whenever i connect to my wifi there's always an error: no internet connection available. i tried opening other apps but they're working fine on my wifi. i tried running speed test on my phone and its all fine. on mobile data, i am not having this err...

• whenever i connect to my wifi there's always an error: no internet connection available. i tried opening other apps but they're working fine on my wifi. i tried running speed test on my phone and its...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Andriod 4.1 email issues

Purchased a Smartphone, running ndroid 4.1. Created an email acct for netzero by ADDING email acct (Settings\Email\Add Account). The email acct created and I am guessing Andriod uses its software to run the email since I downloaded nothing; ie an App...

• Casual Listener
  • Purchased a Smartphone, running ndroid 4.1.  Created an email acct for netzero by ADDING email acct (Settings\Email\Add Account).  The email acct created and I am guessing Andriod uses its ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding local files to my music

Hi! Recently i learned how to add local files to spotify on Android but I have all my music in my music and this sync way only allows me to add local files to a playlist. How do I add it to my music, can I? Thank you!

• Hi! Recently i learned how to add local files to spotify on Android but I have all my music in my music and this sync way only allows me to add local files to a playlist. How do I add it to my music,...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs aren't recognised on SD Card...

I've been having problems over the last week with the new update of Spotify, and having just switched to using an SD Card in my phone. The app keeps crashing/freezing, and I keep having to format the card, delete the app cache, and download all my pl...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having problems over the last week with the new update of Spotify, and having just switched to using an SD Card in my phone.    The app keeps crashing/freezing, and I keep hav...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes