Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

downloaded music disappears

Hi! I'm using Spotify Premium to download music in my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 3) and recently some of it disappeared. It seems that only the most recently added songs are available. This is especially upsetting because I pay for the Preium account...

• Hi!  I'm using Spotify Premium to download music in my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 3) and recently some of it disappeared. It seems that only the most recently added songs are available. This is ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable album art

How do I disable album artwork taking over my lock screen?

• Casual Listener
  • How do I disable album artwork taking over my lock screen?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Question about streaming while music is downloaded

As a premium user I've enjoyed being able to listen to my music even while offline on my phone. Unfortunately, in order for all my music to fit on my phone (16gb) I have to download the music into Normal Quality (96 kbs). This is fine for when I do n...

• Regular
  • As a premium user I've enjoyed being able to listen to my music even while offline on my phone. Unfortunately, in order for all my music to fit on my phone (16gb) I have to download the music into No...
  • werepancake
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

SD CARD Problems! Help!

I've been a premium subsriber for about two years now. I've aquired ateast five more for you guys. So really want help or Im done forever. I have an older phone, Samsung Galaxy Stellar but its Iin great shape. I've used sd for offline spotify since y...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a premium subsriber for about two years now. I've aquired ateast five more for you guys. So really want help or Im done forever. I have an older phone, Samsung Galaxy Stellar but its Iin g...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify connect, android 2.2

Hi folks, I just noticed today that spotify connect has rolled out to my account - my iPad and HTC one x can control each other. Great stuff. Htc One x is on Spotify app version 0.7.6So I dug out an old HTC desire intending to use it at home, always ...

• Hi folks, I just noticed today that spotify connect has rolled out to my account - my iPad and HTC one x can control each other. Great stuff. Htc One x is on Spotify app version 0.7.6 So I dug ou...
  • redswan
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Connect
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

[Minor bug] Bug when playing through Spotify connect

When I played some songs through connect that I have offline on my phone but not on my tablet, I noticed the remote won't have any metadata (except the time of the song). For example, I played a song called The Mark over connect. When I opened fullsc...

• Casual Listener
  • When I played some songs through connect that I have offline on my phone but not on my tablet, I noticed the remote won't have any metadata (except the time of the song).  For example, I played ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

API access music "offline"

Hi, I am investigating building an alarm clock app for Android that exclusively plays Spotify music as alarms.I have a feature request in mind. I have lots of music downloaded to my phone, and I would like to be able to wake up to it without streamin...

• Hi, I am investigating building an alarm clock app for Android that exclusively plays Spotify music as alarms. I have a feature request in mind. I have lots of music downloaded to my phone, and I ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify + Samsung WAM

Hello!I'm having trouble to connect my phone and tablet to my samsung wam unit. I can play the Tunein application without any problems. But spotify can't find my speaker allthough they are connected to the same wifi.Does anybody have a solutions to t...

• Hello! I'm having trouble to connect my phone and tablet to my samsung wam unit. I can play the Tunein application without any problems.  But spotify can't find my speaker allthough they are c...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sync Facebook, user name string of #s, no pic.

Hi, I'm on a Galaxy S4. A mod tried to fix my problem of not being able to sync with Facebook [random #s as username, no pic] but was unable, they deleted my account and moved my playlists over to a new account, one that was not signed in through Fac...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm on a Galaxy S4.  A mod tried to fix my problem of not being able to sync with Facebook [random #s as username, no pic] but was unable, they deleted my account and moved my playlists over...
  • JFe138
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to activate the Bassbosst

Hello, it is possible to activate the grey bassboost function? http://s14.directupload.net/images/140808/88b9w28n.png

• Visitor
  • Hello,   it is possible to activate the grey bassboost function?   http://s14.directupload.net/images/140808/88b9w28n.png
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Album artwork in picture library

Since downloading and using spotify my picture library has become full of album artwork from spotify that redownloads whenever I delete it. Is there a way to stop this artwork appearing in my pictures library?

• Casual Listener
  • Since downloading and using spotify my picture library has become full of album artwork from spotify that redownloads whenever I delete it. Is there a way to stop this artwork appearing in my picture...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

shows my name as numbers with no picture android

On my android app (LG G2 phone) my name on my profile shows up as numbers (12145339237) and my picture wont show up. I have linked my account with my facebook (thats what i se to sign in) i have tried logging in and out multiple times and reinstallin...

• On my android app (LG G2 phone) my name on my profile shows up as numbers (12145339237) and my picture wont show up. I have linked my account with my facebook (thats what i se to sign in) i have tri...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Help
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hi, I just changed my account on premium, in order to be able to download my playlists. But it's not possible, as on my desktop there is no button "available offline" at the top of the playlist and there isn't any green or black or grey arrow to show...

• Hi, I just changed my account on premium, in order to be able to download my playlists. But it's not possible, as on my desktop there is no button "available offline" at the top of the playlist a...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The playlist radio function is seriously flawed

Why is the radio function getting worse and worse? Not only does it keep repeating the same songs over and over and over and over again, until I feel like killing someone (or myself). But also the songs that it plays appear to be quite random and cli...

• Casual Listener
  • Why is the radio function getting worse and worse? Not only does it keep repeating the same songs over and over and over and over again, until I feel like killing someone (or myself). But also the so...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Bug or intended feature?

Hi guys, So, I am using my Android phone connected via BT to my Radio in a car and listening to my own music on a way to work. Every day stereotype, I was always happy. Today morning however, something weird happened. First four songs from my playlis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,    So, I am using my Android phone connected via BT to my Radio in a car and listening to my own music on a way to work. Every day stereotype, I was always happy.   To...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Really Quiet Compared to Google Maps

I usually have spotify on in background while I drive and use google maps for navigation. The problem is that the google voice is so loud compared to spotify that to avoid being boomed at painfully loud I have to turn volume down to a point where I c...

• Casual Listener
  • I usually have spotify on in background while I drive and use google maps for navigation.  The problem is that the google voice is so loud compared to spotify that to avoid being boomed at painf...
  • TooManyNames
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see new playlist on my Samsung S3. This is a first.

I created a playlist, then created another modified playlist from the original with a modified name. It shows up on my laptop, but not on my phone. Waited overnight to see if it would appear eventually, but it did not. Rename it. Still no show. Why c...

• Casual Listener
  • I created a playlist, then created another modified playlist from the original with a modified name. It shows up on my laptop, but not on my phone. Waited overnight to see if it would appear eventual...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last play position lost if closing app

Hi all! On Android app (updated to last version, of course) I notice an annoying problem: if the app itself is closed (or phone restarted and so on), when re-opening it doesn't "remember" last playing position! This is very bothering, and I don't thi...

• Music Fan
  • Hi all! On Android app (updated to last version, of course) I notice an annoying problem: if the app itself is closed (or phone restarted and so on), when re-opening it doesn't "remember" last playin...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify bug

Hi, I got a bug with Spotify so Evert time when im listening to music and my phone screen turns off, Spotify wont play the next track!

• Regular
  • Hi, I got a bug with Spotify so Evert time when im listening to music and my phone screen turns off, Spotify wont play the next track!
  • brmedeiros
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes