Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot scroll down to see all podcasts when trying to turn on notifications

Cannot scroll down to see all podcasts when trying to turn on notifications

This is very annoying and I can't turn on notifications for podcasts from settings. I have to manually and individually turn them on for each.

Galaxy M21, A51. Android 12 OneUI 4.

8.7.98.56 (Spotify for Android)

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
7 Replies

Hey @Amayy,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This issue is commonly related to some damaged cache still stored on your device from previous versions. In this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, would you mind checking on a different device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out. 

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah, clean install didn't help. Also same issue on my other device. It's a bug.

AmayySpotify Star

Hi @Amayy

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you try logging out and then logging back in to your account to see if that makes the difference? 

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to see if the same happens with a different account?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yep. I have checked using another device, and another account, and tried clean-installing as well. No success.

AmayySpotify Star

Hey @Amayy,

Thanks for the info shared and your reply.

Just to confirm, has the app always been behaving like this or does it start to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? Please send us the details about it.

On another note, is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using?

Lastly, we'd like to know, is there an external SD card installed on your device? If so, remove it and reinstall the app in the internal memory of your device. Make sure to use the app without inserting the SD card again. 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Sure.

1. Yes, the App has always been like this in settings -> notifications -> new episodes. When I check the auto episode download section (in saved episodes) instead, it works fine. Same number of podcasts but no issues with UI there.
  2. Issue persists on all network conditions (WiFi/4G).
  3. I do not have an SD card on my device.
AmayySpotify Star

Hey @Amayy,

Thanks for all the help and the info shared.

We could replicate this behavior from our side, so we've gone ahead and passed all the info to the right team. Rest assured this is being investigated so, we'd recommend to stay tuned in this thread to stay up to date in any developments. 

As a workaround, you can try searching for the podcast and turning on notifications from the page directly.

We'll be a post away if you have further questions!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts