Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot see Liked Songs or any of my Playlists, nor can I play literally any songs

Cannot see Liked Songs or any of my Playlists, nor can I play literally any songs

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I am unable to play literally any song, playlist, or podcast on my mobile device. I cannot see any of my songs in any playlist, even Spotify generated playlists.

Everything is completely fine on my Desktop version.

This occurred after an update with my Galaxy A20. I have already tried the following:

1. Restarting phone x2

2. Reinstalling Spotify (quick and full) x2
3. Checking permissions

1 Reply

Hi @KrispyKiwi,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Spotify is currently aware of an Ongoing Issue causing Android users to be unable to play music, as well as causing all playlists in the app to appear empty. This issue is currently being investigated.

As is suggested in the Ongoing Issue's Status Update, I recommend first giving these steps a try to see if they resolve the issue:

1. Uninstall the Spotify app
  2. Remove your SD card from your phone, then restart the device
  3. Download and install Spotify again

If you're still experiencing this issue after testing the above steps, I recommend adding your +VOTE to the Ongoing Issue, as well as a comment there with the following info to be forwarded to the right team:

• Your device's make, model and OS version
  • The version of Spotify you're running
  • The troubleshooting done so far

It will also be useful for you to Subscribe to the Ongoing Issue by clicking the three dots next to its title; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts