Premium (Student)

Country

US

Device

Google Pixel 2

Operating System

Android Oreo 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

Has the feature and/or option to search a playlist by a specific artist and then be able to shuffle songs filtered to that specific artist been removed or no longer available?  

For example, I have created a trance playlist of 2400 songs and used to be able to filter the playlist to show only Above & Beyond songs, press "Shuffle Play", and be able to listen to only their songs on shuffle.

Today when I tried to do this, I was able to filter by a specific artist, but I was no longer able to only listen to their songs on shuffle.  It continued to shuffle throughout the entire 2400 song playlist. 

2 Replies

It is so frustrating that they keep removing good features. This one may be enough to get me to switch services if it isn't added back in

Hi again! Just so you know, as of now this is still broken. HOWEVER, I did some experimenting and determined that the last version (for Android at least) that this worked is 8 4 52 812. If you uninstall the app and find a download for this version, the feature will work. I tried with support first and they were a dead end, so since they don't seem to be aware of it I wanted to let people know.

Suggested posts