Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot stop a playlist from downloading on Android hpone

Cannot stop a playlist from downloading on Android hpone

I have an Android phone on which I have several playlists trhat are downloaded so I can listen to them offline

I want to change some of those playlists so that they  are no longer available offline.

I've tried clicking Delete in the context menu of the playlist on the phone, I';v tried removing the check mark in the Devices view on my windows aplication .. Whatever I do, the playlist is not local anymore for some time (YES!).. and then it magically reappears (OH NO!)

How can i get around th s problem, cause my phone is now filled with locally cached songs, and there is not more room for anything new 😞

9 Replies

Have you tried selecting "undownload" from the menu while the playlist is open on your phone?

From the paylists on the phone i only have the following options:

- Delete

- Radio

- rename

- Hide

- Delete playlist

Strange.  Spotify on my android phone lets me "undownload", "rename", "collaborative", and "publish".  Anyway, I would think that selecting delete playlist would work. 

No that would delete the playlist all together

I want to stop downloading the playlist for offline use, but i still want to be able to use it online

Clear cache option is not available in the Apps menu of my Android phone (greyed out) ..

guess i'll reinstal this evening, see if that works

No that is not the problem

Sporify seems to undownload, green arrow is removed, playlist is removed from Downloaded section

Then an hour of so later, i see the playlist getting downloaded again!

I'm getting the same issue. Did you manage to resolve it?

Suggested posts