Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The REAL Android tablet app

Hello spotify, When are we going to get the Real Android tablet version? A big fuss was made of 'The Real' ipad app a long time ago now (6 months): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXdD-2wJUac But the app on my Motorola Xoom 10" tablet is still just a ...

• Regular
  • Hello spotify,   When are we going to get the Real Android tablet version?   A big fuss was made of 'The Real' ipad app a long time ago now (6 months): http://www.youtube.com/watc...
  • BadDan81
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is the Android app so poor?

What are you guys doing with my money? Not improving your software, that's for sure. Why can't I search for public playlists on my device? If I search for a word, I don't get any playlists in the results. Why can't I search for word fragments on my d...

• Casual Listener
  • What are you guys doing with my money? Not improving your software, that's for sure.   Why can't I search for public playlists on my device? If I search for a word, I don't get any p...
  • personanongrata
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Staff: Do you read these forums?

Where is option to hide unplayable content in Android app? Waiting for that option for too long.

• Visitor
  • Where is option to hide unplayable content in Android app? Waiting for that option for too long.
  • personanongrata
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant stream my radio, even though 3G is on

A lot of the time when I go to s listen to the radio on my phone, spotify will tell me I am offline and there arr no internet connections.... Though I know there is because I am using my phone to write this. help?

• A lot of the time when I go to s listen to the radio on my phone, spotify will tell me I am offline and there arr no internet connections.... Though I know there is because I am using my phone to wri...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

save the downloaded playlist

im on the road 300 days a year and most times my internet connection is the same speed as the old isdn lines, so the offline mode is a lifesaver. but i have prefered to buy my premium in the shops along the way. now to the problem, i never get a mess...

• im on the road 300 days a year and most times my internet connection is the same speed as the old isdn lines, so the offline mode is a lifesaver. but i have prefered to buy my premium in the shops al...
  • Jude
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[slider] Vs [Up/Down] vote buttons, the battle of doom!

It must be my fat thumbs or something but whenever i try to slide in a song using the radio feature, i have a constant battle between voting up/down and actually sliding in the track.. Mostly the up button win, but sometimes the down vote button win ...

• Music Fan
  • It must be my fat thumbs or something but whenever i try to slide in a song using the radio feature, i have a constant battle between voting up/down and actually sliding in the track.. Mostly the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium, offline playlist

Simple question: If you have spotify premuim and you want to create an offline playlist. Do you have to buy these songs (extra costs?) Thx

• Simple question:   If you have spotify premuim and you want to create an offline playlist. Do you have to buy these songs (extra costs?)   Thx
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading playlist to external SD card? HOW

When I am downloading a playlist for offline listening I want to save it on my external SD card. I have a Samsung S3 with Android.

• Casual Listener
  • When I am downloading a playlist for offline listening I want to save it on my external SD card. I have a Samsung S3 with Android.
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot login on Android

For some reason starting yesterday I no longer can login to Spotify on my Android Phone. Try 1: Open Spotify, login through Facebook. After that I can see my playlists for a very short time. After that a pop up is opening asking me for my native Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason starting yesterday I no longer can login to Spotify on my Android Phone.    Try 1: Open Spotify, login through Facebook. After that I can see my playlists for a very s...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

It's been good... and bad

After many years of loyalty to spotify our once great relationship has come to an end. After one problem after another with the android app i have decided to cancel my premium subscription. I have given the service many chances over the last year or ...

• Regular
  • After many years of loyalty to spotify our once great relationship has come to an end.   After one problem after another with the android app i have decided to cancel my premium su...
  • mostlyplastic
  • Casual Listener
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium service not working on Android phone

I started paying for this on Friday, and it gave me a two day subscription for free. When I go to my account details, it says that I have premium service and it works on my computer. But, when I go to my cell phone, it tells me that I need to pay for...

• I started paying for this on Friday, and it gave me a two day subscription for free. When I go to my account details, it says that I have premium service and it works on my computer. But, when I go...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cowon Z2

Is it possible/practical to put Spotify on the Cowon Z2? I get permission errors. If it helps, I am a Spotify Desktopop Premium user. Best - Anthony

• Visitor
  • Is it possible/practical to put Spotify on the Cowon Z2? I get permission errors. If it helps, I am a Spotify Desktopop Premium user. Best - Anthony
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Is radio working or just useless?

HiJust trying to listen to spotify radio and selected scouting for girls radio, a UK indie band. I get ollie murs x factor guy and Cheryl Cole for the second and third tracks? I select thumb down for both and get ok track then ollie murs again? I am ...

• Roadie
  • Hi Just trying to listen to spotify radio and selected scouting for girls radio, a UK indie band. I get ollie murs x factor guy and Cheryl Cole for the second and third tracks? I select thum...
  • mannp
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Store to SD Card S3 - Failing

Hi All, I followed the guide explaining how to do this : http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Store-Data-offline-on-the-external-sd-card-on-Galaxy-S3/m-p/126404#M7595 However not my spotify is broken. The icon no longer appears on my phone,...

Screenshot_2012-11-03-18-39-10.png
  • Visitor
  • Hi All,   I followed the guide explaining how to do this :   http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Store-Data-offline-on-the-external-sd-card-on-Galaxy-S3/m-p/126404#M7595 ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New update?

Do i have the latest version? (0.5.3.56)Or when does the new version come?

• Music Fan
  • Do i have the latest version? (0.5.3.56) Or when does the new version come?
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium subscription

Finally able to login on my Android device. Try to play a track and it tells me I need a Premium subscription which I already have. I click get premium anyway and log in to the webstie where it confirms that I have a Premium subscription but the app ...

• Casual Listener
  • Finally able to login on my Android device.  Try to play a track and it tells me I need a Premium subscription which I already have.  I click get premium anyway and log in to the webstie wh...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

can't log in from my Android

I'm having the same issue as everyone else. Looking forward to the private email. Help.

• I'm having the same issue as everyone else. Looking forward to the private email. Help.
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Login from Android

Just bought a Premium but the Android app still said I needed to Premium so I logged out thinking that I needed to log out and back in for the changes to take effect. Now I can't log in. This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

• Casual Listener
  • Just bought a Premium but the Android app still said I needed to Premium so I logged out thinking that I needed to log out and back in for the changes to take effect.  Now I can't log in.  ...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium offline

Hi, I'm a premium Spotify member. Since I have a new Ipad, I can no longer access to Spotify when offline. It always asks to login via facebook or Spotify, but when I try this it says I cannot logon because I'm not online. With my former Ipad this wa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm a premium Spotify member. Since I have a new Ipad, I can no longer access to Spotify when offline. It always asks to login via facebook or Spotify, but when I try this it says...
  • floriscombes
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Transferring music

How do I transfer music to my husbands android phone so he can listen to music

• How do I transfer music to my husbands android phone so he can listen to music
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes