Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't remove downloaded playlist

Hello! I'm using spotify on my android-phone. I have downloaded a few playlists. Now I want to remove some of the downloads, so I use the button 'remove' (translated from Dutch). But when I start spotify again, or sometimes even sooner, spotify is do...

• Hello!   I'm using spotify on my android-phone. I have downloaded a few playlists. Now I want to remove some of the downloads, so I use the button 'remove' (translated from Dutch). But when ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify using 3g data while roaming, 'Download over 2G/3G' is explicitly OFF.

I was out of the country and on roaming (O2, in Marseille) from the 30th to the 2nd of December. During this time, Spotify downloaded almost 70mb of data, even though I had expressly unchecked the use 2g/3g option. The only thing I can think of that ...

DSC_0769.JPG DSC_0771.JPG data usage
  • Casual Listener
  • I was out of the country and on roaming (O2, in Marseille) from the 30th to the 2nd of December. During this time, Spotify downloaded almost 70mb of data, even though I had expressly unchecked the us...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with android app

Hello, I'm spanish, so sorry for my english. I have a problem with the Android app of Spotify, it worked well until several days ago, I try to listen to music but suddenly the song don´t change to the second, and when I try to choose one opening the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm spanish, so sorry for my english. I have a problem with the Android app of Spotify, it worked well until several days ago, I try to listen to music but suddenly the song don´t change to ...
  • miniadri
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Any replacement for PC version's "Ctrl+S"?

I'm using spotify on both my PC and smartphone, and I really miss the option to search inside the current playlist (Ctrl+F) on android version. Since I use playlist mainly to sync whatever artist I want on my smartphone today, I still need to search ...

• I'm using spotify on both my PC and smartphone, and I really miss the option to search inside the current playlist (Ctrl+F) on android version. Since I use playlist mainly to sync whatever artist I w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot delete songs from sdcard

Hello, my English isn't very well so I'm sorry for mistakes, but I'll try to express my problem in a way which everyone can understand.. First of all I'm very pleased with spotify, very good work, I'm lovin it! To come to my problem: I have some play...

• Hello,   my English isn't very well so I'm sorry for mistakes, but I'll try to express my problem in a way which everyone can understand.. First of all I'm very pleased with spotify, very ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Streaming Spotify to Wireless Speakers

Hi, Looking for some advice, i'm an iPhone user myself but a friend is looking to purchase a speaker she can stream music to from her phone. Her phone being an HTC Wildfire S A510e Now i know iOS uses AirPlay to do this but what should i be looking f...

• Hi,   Looking for some advice, i'm an iPhone user myself but a friend is looking to purchase a speaker she can stream music to from her phone. Her phone being an HTC Wildfire S A510e &nbsp...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android version bug mess!

The new "bright" Android version is still after a few month of its release an unusable bug mess. Problem with downloaded lists disappearing is still there. The lists are still eating gigabytes on my built in memory and since my smartphone doesn't hav...

• Music Fan
  • The new "bright" Android version is still after a few month of its release an unusable bug mess.   Problem with downloaded lists disappearing is still there. The lists are still eating gig...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! New 12.06.2012 release stops playing music in 5-10 min. intervals

Hi, I had the beta-version until yesterday when the official, new Android app went online. The new version stops playing music from time to time. The startup screen (playlists) is also being a big "buggy" - just loading a blank screen. Hard restart o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I had the beta-version until yesterday when the official, new Android app went online. The new version stops playing music from time to time. The startup screen (playlists) is also...
  • Igelchen
  • 39 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 5 likes

Facebook Login results in playlist passby

I am and have been a premium user for several months and have enjoyed using spotify in my car with my bluetooth. When it works, it's awesome. But yesterday while trying to start the app, I received a login screen; never had that since installing spot...

• I am and have been a premium user for several months and have enjoyed using spotify in my car with my bluetooth. When it works, it's awesome. But yesterday while trying to start the app, I received a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem With SIII And Ipad with premiun

Hello. I have paid the premium fare but i have one problem. With the same nickname i can use premium in the computer but i cant use in my SIII and in the Ipad, dont recognice that im premium user. What can i do??? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I have paid the premium fare but i have one problem. With the same nickname i can use premium in the computer but i cant use in my SIII and in the Ipad, dont recognice that im premium user...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why iOS' spotify is so vastly superior to Android's

Two very simple things: - Playback resume after leaving the phone idle, same song, same time. - Album name displayed in playlists. Is it so very hard to implement?

• Roadie
  • Two very simple things: - Playback resume after leaving the phone idle, same song, same time. - Album name displayed in playlists.   Is it so very hard to implement? 
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

Undownloaded tracks remain on phone

If I undownload a playlist, no memory is freed up on my phone. I then download it again and the memory has increased. Apologies if this is a known problem but help appreciated. Cheers p.s. Latest version of spotify, Galaxy s3

• Casual Listener
  • If I undownload a playlist, no memory is freed up on my phone. I then download it again and the memory has increased.   Apologies if this is a known problem but help appreciated.   ...
  • luckyjim321
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify streaming to Apple TV

Just got a galaxy tab, and I don't know hot to get the spotify music to play on my Apple TV. Any apps for this? I am used to the simple world of Apple, so hoping an app can help solve my problem?

• Just got a galaxy tab, and I don't know hot to get the spotify music to play on my Apple TV. Any apps for this?    I am used to the simple world of Apple, so hoping an app can help solv...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy S III vibrating to the beat

I've read the solutions and tried it on my fone, but it didn't work! I turned off the haptic feedback and the phone keeps vibrating, what can I do to stop the vibration?

• Casual Listener
  • I've read the solutions and tried it on my fone, but it didn't work! I turned off the haptic feedback and the phone keeps vibrating, what can I do to stop the vibration?
  • amariel
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some help required .....'

I currently have an HTC Android smartphone. Some issues; Playlists cannot be alphabetized. As I add albums and groups of songs to a playlist, they appear in the order they were acquired. Its very tedious trying to find a particular song amongst 800-1...

• I currently have an HTC Android smartphone.   Some issues;   Playlists cannot be alphabetized.  As I add albums and groups of songs to a playlist, they appear in the order they...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Replaced songs

I just upgraded from Spotify Free to Spotify Premium and installed the app on my Android phone. So far I've just noticed one song being replaced with another. Desperado by The Eagles. In my playlist on my computer it's the real song with vocals but t...

• I just upgraded from Spotify Free to Spotify Premium and installed the app on my Android phone.  So far I've just noticed one song being replaced with another. Desperado by The Eagles. In my p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Social and Mobile Devices

Just wondering: Does Spotify Social, e.g. that my friends can see what i am listening to, work only when I am listening in the desktop app or does it prepare this information also while listening from my mobile device? And if it does, what about offl...

• Casual Listener
  • Just wondering: Does Spotify Social, e.g. that my friends can see what i am listening to, work only when I am listening in the desktop app or does it prepare this information also while listening fro...
  • Stupify
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

problem with premium account and offline mode

Im using xcover android ver 2.3.6. I have latest spotify app My account is premium and i have playlist downloaded to offline mode. Spotify app wants to connect to internet every time is starts and offline songs are not playable before there is intern...

• Casual Listener
  •   Im using xcover android ver 2.3.6. I have latest spotify app My account is premium and i have playlist downloaded to offline mode.   Spotify app wants to connect to internet eve...
  • exclusive9
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! download playlist question

So if I download my playlist on my android to "listen offline" does that mean I can listen to my playlist without using my data plan?

• So if I download my playlist on my android to "listen offline" does that mean I can listen to my playlist without using my data plan?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Jelly Bean

I just received Jelly Bean on my RAZOR MAXX. I download my playlists and for no unexplained reason my downloaded playlists disappear. The disappearing playlists have happened 3 times so far and I am unsure what is causing it. I have rebooted my devic...

• I just received Jelly Bean on my RAZOR MAXX.  I download my playlists and for no unexplained reason my downloaded playlists disappear.  The disappearing playlists have happened 3 times so f...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes