Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local mp3s synced from desktop will not work on android mobile

Local mp3s synced from desktop will not work on android mobile

I've been a spotify premium customer for ~2 years, but this problem has only recently begun. I'm quite a bit irritated since it's a recent occurence. I'm extremely busy and it's more than a little annoying to have to waste time attempting to figure out what the heck is happening here. 

I'm currently running the most up-to-date version of spotify mobile on my LG/Google Nexus 4. I've made sure to allow spotify through all of my computer's firewalls in order to sync with my phone, and although my phone does synce my playlists for offline access, songs I've included in playlists that are from my personal collection will no longer play in spotify mobile. It's been like this for three weeks or so, but I'm just finding the time to write about it. It's important to note that:

- the songs used to play (there's nothing wrong with the format) and I have no idea why they've stopped.

- I've tried reseting the app (deleted all cache and data) and re-synced and the songs work all of an hour or so. 

- I have not changed the location of any of the files on my computer and they all work fine in the desktop program and web player. 

- I have made no recent updates to my phone's OS. 

- Yes, my computer and my phone are on the same network and my phone shows up fine for syncing in the desktop program.

- Sometimes if I select the songs that aren't working the song will act as if it's going to start playing (the artwork shows up and the play symbol turns into a pause symbol) but the meter for the song does not move at all. 

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. 

6 Replies

I have this issue as well!
It fixed itself after an update, but since then the app had updated again and now the problem is even worse!

At first the only local tracks which would not play, were ones which spotify did not have online.  Now any track which is avaliable online, also will not play if I have a local version of the track aswell.

I am also a premium customer and this is really putting me off the service which I have enjoyed for over a year..

This needs to be fixed!  Or allow us to roll back updates so that the new versions of the app dont screw things up.. its very annoying as the track even shows as synced when it refused to play and just stays stuck on it..

Again, I have also tried resetting, clearing etc etc..  
My phone is a HTC Desire S.

A little help would be great... 

Same problem here. I have 2500 MP3 songs (the collected archive of Overclocked Remix, free MP3s) added as local files on Spotify (12 GB), then transferred to my device (HTC One V). They don't appear anywhere, but are there on the card. If I create a playlist with these files the playlist will work on the PC, but will be empty on the phone.

The curious thing is... I can SEARCH for these files, through the phone, and then play them from there even without internet connection... So cut off internet, search for them, plays fine. But they wont appear in any playlist.

This has also just happened to me recently, I cannot seem to sync them to either my ipod touch or my android phone. For 2 years i've had no problems. What gives??

Very upset and I am a premium member.

Hey all

I fixed it. I ran a Windows repair (you can google search it and it is downloaded from Bleeping computer.com). It turns out a virus I nixed a few days ago damaged my Windows firewall. Download this tool! It repaired my firewall and I was able to let the firewall allow spotify. In the past, the firewall would not load at all.

If this is not the case, check to see that your virus program isn't interfering with Window's firewall. This fixed the problem with my iPod touch and my android phone.

Nope, definitely not the same here. The songs ARE on my phone, it uses up the whole 11 GB, AND I can even search for them and play them through the search, just not through playlists.

Suggested posts