Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant access Top Podcasts section

Cant access Top Podcasts section

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Xiaomi MI9T

My Question or Issue

Everything works fine but I always get an error when trying to enter the section 'Top Podcasts' 

Screenshot_2021-03-17-09-58-05-532_com.spotify.music.jpg
26 Replies

Hey @metaldays,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community? 

Could you let us know the exact steps you take to reach the Top Podcasts section? The more context we gather about how and when this issue appears, the quicker we'll get to the bottom of this.

On another note - does this happen on other devices as well? How about after a clean reinstall? This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. 

We'd love to investigate this further! We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried re-install but it didn't work, still get the issue. 

Steps:
1. Go to podcasts
2. Click on subsection top podcasts
3. Error occurs as per the attached screenshot from the previous post.

This is not happening on my Macbook, only on my mobile device.

Hey @metaldays,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Do you mean that you navigate through Your Library-> Podcasts or Search>Podcasts>Podcast Charts? Could you send us a screenshot of the app where the Top Podcasts section appears, before clicking it and bringing up the error?

Also, have you tried connecting with a different network? Does the same issue come up there as well? If you have the option to ask a friend or family member to log into their account on your phone and see if the error appears for also them, that would be great.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Is is indeed this flow: Your Library-> Podcasts or Search>Podcasts>Podcast Charts

Screenshot_2021-03-22-15-01-12-774_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2021-03-22-15-01-05-328_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2021-03-22-15-01-09-965_com.spotify.music.jpg

Hey @metaldays,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the screenshots.

Did you have the option to connect your phone to a different network? Do the podcast charts fail to load there? How about when a different account logs on the same device? These troubleshooting steps would help us pinpoint the possible root cause of the problem, and we'd appreciate it, if you share the results.

It's a good idea to also log out everywhere, that should prompt a resynch with our servers. 

Keep us posted how things develop.

Mihail Moderator

Hey, I tried all of the above, but I'm still getting the error. 

Hi @metaldays

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your phone to check if the issue persists using a different account?

Additionally, could you let us know if you're using an SD card?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey! Logged in on a different device, but the issue persists. Not using an SD card.

Hey @metaldays,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In your first post you mention that this doesn't happen on your MacBook, could you give us more info about the device this does occur on? By comparing the two set up we can rule out possible causes of this behavior. Please provide us with the make, model, OS version and exact Spotify version of the device where you could replicate the issue. Let us also know the Spotify app version and OS version of your Xiaomi MI9T and MacBook.

Also  - did you have the option to ask a friend or family member to log into their account on one of your devices and see if the podcasts load correctly then? One more thing you can try out is check if the Podcast Charts load properly for you on our web player. You can reach them there using  Search>Podcasts> Top Podcasts

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator

Where this occurs:

Xiaomi MI 9T
Spotify version: 8.6.14.975

On my mac, there is no section for top podcasts.

Where this occurs:

Xiaomi MI 9T
Spotify version: 8.6.14.975

On my mac, there is no section for top podcasts.

Hi again @metaldays,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

To check if this happens in the desktop app on your Mac, you just need to go to Browse (on the left section of the app) > Podcasts > Top podcasts. Also, try it on the web player and let us know if the same issue happens there.

Lastly, remember to try logging in to a different account on your phone and let us know if the issue persists. This will help us determine if this is an account or device related issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

I'm sorry, I dont see the top podcasts section 😕

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 21.07.15.png

Hey @metaldays,

Thanks for your reply.

To confirm if this is isolated to your account, try logging in to a different account on your devices to see if Top podcasts is still missing. If you can't borrow an account, you can create a free account to test this using a different email here.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Hey! Tested on a free account, 'Top Charts' section still throws the error though.

Hey @metaldays,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Can you let us know when this started happening and if it was after a specific event, such as an app or OS update?

We can see that you're using mobile data - we'd like to know if the same happens when using a WiFi network.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Hey, it started happening when I started this thread, I think around 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately I can't tie it with any specific event.

Are there any more questions I can answer for you?

Guys, sorry to be a pain in the ass - is there any update on this issue? It's really annoying 😄

Hey there @metaldays

Apologies for the delayed response. 

Looks like there's a newer version of the app. Could you try reinstalling one more time to make sure you're running the latest version? 

Let us know if you notice any difference. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts