Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant play some tracks

Cant play some tracks

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy 6

Operating System

Android Nougat

My Question or Issue

Im having a problem trying to play tracks from The Stranglers, I click on any track and nothing happens, on a windows pc it says track is unavailable., on the web player they dont play either. I have 2 other android devices and the problem occurs on each device.

I have done soft and hard reboots

uninstalled and reinstall the app (on all devices)

Restarted the wifi router

The problem is there whether I am on wifi or 4G.

If I download the tracks and turn off wifi and 4G it still doesnt play.

On my sons android device using his family contract the tracks play.

I have created a seperate free account and the tracks play using that on all my android devices and web player

Im running out of ideas, can anyone help?

11 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Community!

It sounds like the issue is account related. Try logging into your son's device to see if the issue persists for you. 

You can also have you son log into your devices with his account to see if he's able to listen to the tracks.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi and thanks for your response, I tried this and it almost certainly confirms it is a problem with my account. My account on my sons device didnt allow the tracks to play but his login on my device allowed the tracks to play.

However, this evening the tracks suddenly became available and it all works as it should. Fingers crossed it stays that way

damm, spoke to soon!! played about 5 tracks and it stopped. Cant now play any Starnglers tracks again, any help available??

Hey @user-removed.

That's odd. Could you send us the URI or link to the songs this is happening?

Also, are these songs part of your local files? If so, try removing them from Spotify under Settings > Local files, to see if it helps.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi @Alfredo

Here's a link to a track that isnt playing spotify:track:2AX5E86cn9n2dgioZEjirI

To be honest its any track by the Stranglers, I had over 400 hundred of them and none would play, I dont have them as local copies I even have the local folder option switched off. It appears to be related to my account as anyone else on my family account can log in and listen to the tracks, I dont get whats happened?

Thanks for the info!

Just to confirm, is this happening when you try to play the songs from a specific playlist or does it happen even if you go to the artist profile to play them?

As your family members can play these songs without any trouble, let's make sure your Spotify account's country is the same as them. To do so, just log in here.

Keep us posted.

checked  location and we are all uk.

The tracks wont play rom a playlist or from a search for the artist

Here is where gets more weird, I have phillips speakers SW700M (designed for spotify playback), If I play through the speakers by selecting them from the device list then go to a Stanglers track it then plays. if I go back to the mobile device the track stops and it says its unavailable.

This is still an issue, im paying for a service that is no longer fit for purpose. how do get get proper technical support?

I'm having the exact same issue, but with Hillsong Worship. Any song of theirs that I try to play doesnt work. On any of my devices.

I contacted spotify directly through a web chat. the problem couldnt be fixed which is bizarre!!

The only way round it was for me to create a new account and they deleted my old account, they transfered all my tracks and playlists over and I had to reinvite family members to re-join. It now works I can play all tracks in my library.

Hope you get it sorted soon

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for the heads up! We're glad to hear creating a new account worked out for you.

If anything else comes up, just give us a shout.

Have a great weekend 🙂

Suggested posts