Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant see joe rogan video on tv (works in desktop and mobile)

Solved!

Cant see joe rogan video on tv (works in desktop and mobile)

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Sony a80j

Operating System

Android tv v.10

My Question or Issue

I can watch the video of the joe rogan podcast on my desktop or mobile phone, but if i try to play the same video in the spotify app on my tv I only get the audio. Same problem if I try to cast to my tv (built in chromecast, not a dongle).

I saw some old threads  (2020) that had the same issue, is this not supported in 2022? Must I use a chromecast dongle?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Amirh

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind checking if the firmware of your TV has any pending updates?

On another note, we suggest that you unplug your TV from power > restart your router > plug the TV back in to see if that makes the difference. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Amirh

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind checking if the firmware of your TV has any pending updates?

On another note, we suggest that you unplug your TV from power > restart your router > plug the TV back in to see if that makes the difference. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Unplugging the network cable from the tv and replugging it again seems to have worked. Tnx.

Hi there @Amirh

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again, we'll be here to help 🙂 

Have a nice day! 

EniModerator

Having the same issue. Tried both options mentioned in this thread but didn't work out.

I have version 2023.03.13_2-71bcd66 E release-v2.101-5-g9ef7661 HEAD-v3.127.32-geead8167 1.32.0.56

On Android TV version 9.0 updated to latest (according to the system when prompt)

I just restarted my tv then connected from my phone and it worked.

Suggested posts