Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car Dock Apps Media Controls

Car Dock Apps Media Controls

Hello,

I use my cell phone to listen music while driving and have been using different Car Dock Apps such as "CarHome Ultra" and "Car Dashboard" for it. They all have Media Controls (Play/Pause, Next, Previous) as well as shortcuts for Artist/Playlist/Tracks. These controls work for other music players (Rhapsody, Google Play, etc) EXCEPT for Spotify. Whenever one of these controls is used, it overrides Spotify and starts another music player.

These Car Apps are very usefulwhen driving and it would be great if Spotify will work with them. Does anybody now hot to make Spotify work with these Android Media Controls?

3 Replies

I agree, definately required. Just bought a Nexus 10 and mounted it in car. Using for navigation / maps / music etc and it's lovely. Unfortunately the Spotify app isn't compatible.

The music controls do actually work, but you have to open Spotify and start playing a playlist then launch car dock for them to work. A right pain!

Hmm.. I tried spotify with carhome ultra and I am able to control spotify with the play/pause, ff, rew and stop media player on exit options.

What it is really missing is the ability to link to playlists directly

Well, I was able to get links to playlists directly from my CarHome Ultra app.

• Here is what I did, make sure Chrome bookmarks are synced to the cloud.
  • Create a bookmark on your Desktop in chrome to a playlist URL.
  • Create a new shortcut in CarHome Ultra, select bookmarks (for chrome)
  • Done!

However, I have not figured out how to get it to auto-play. But you can have other buttons to play, ff, rew and pause in the car dock app, so it is not a huge deal.

Suggested posts