Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Car Mode Won't Turn On/Off

Car Mode Won't Turn On/Off

When I opened Spotify a few hours ago on my phone, it was locked in car mode. I was only able to get the minimalist look without having the previous interface. When I tried to turn off car mode in the settings, it wouldn't turn off. I have tried disabling car mode through the car section and "Show Car Mode." My dad's phone has the same version as my phone, and car mode will not turn on.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22

Operating System

Android 12

Spotify Version

5 Replies

Quick correction: My dad and I both have Premium

Hi there @CaptainSlydog,

Thanks for the post.

This behavior of the app sounds very weird. Can both you and your father try turning off Bluetooth and clearing the Spotify app cache from the in-app settings, if possible. 

If you don't see the option, do a clean reinstall of the app, following this guide. Let us know if that helped.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue. Car mode is always on. I use a Bluetooth audio DAC (Qudelix 2K) as my main output. I can't disable Bluetooth as my Pixel 3 doesn't have an audio jack, and regardless, I want to use my Bluetooth DAC. I don't have the option to disable car mode, like in other version of the app. How can I fix this? I want to see the lyrics to sing along.

I have been dealing with this same issue. After being advised to re install, open/close and power on and off my a phone in sequence, still canโ€™t turn off car mode. I was on chat with Spotify customer service for an hour or so and we still could not correct the problem. 

Same problem here. Tried your fixes. Did not work.

Suggested posts