Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Computer

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

How do I change the default shuffle setting. From other forums I can see support answering that I just need to start an album by double-clicking the first song instead of the "play" button (genius UX by the way). However, this "hack" doesn't really fix it as the issue is also there in playlists. If I open up a playlist (I have made) and start the playback from a certain point, I would like the playback to continue from that point - not start shuffling. I then turn the shuffling off, when I realise that's what happening. Yet, the next time I open Spotify the shuffle setting has been turned back on. Once again, I have to get annoyed and once again I have turn of the shuffle setting manually. This is absolutely mad.

1 Reply

Hi there @Csg,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

To clarify, the green Play button in the desktop app doesn't play in shuffle by default, as it does in the mobile app, so it's not necessary to click on the first song on the playlist/album to play it in the intended order. 

In the desktop app, as long as the Shuffle button is turned off, albums and playlists will play in the order they're sorted when you click on the Play button or if you start from a specific song in the list. That said, the Shuffle button shouldn't be automatically on every time you use the app unless you leave it on.

To sort this out, try running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If the issue persists, could you try using a different account, like a friend's or relative's, to see if you can replicate this behavior?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts