Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cheap Android phone wanted

Solved!

Cheap Android phone wanted

Hey,

I wanna use Spotify Connect with my living room stereo, using my iPhone to control it. Therefore I had the idea to attach a cheap Android phone or tablet to it.

Do you have any recommendation for a cheap device which runs Spotify?

Thanks for any hint.

Johannes

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

Just an update here as I found a nice and working solution:

I bought an Android Mini TV MK808B for 40 EUR. It's cheap, small and easy to maintain. Just attach a mouse and a TV screen. I have connected it via HDMI to my Yamaha RX-V467 and the Yamaha to my TV. Now I have the sound on my speakers and if needed for maintainance I can select the respective HDMI on my TV. You can even install Teamviewer so you can make settings using your computer.

Works great and quite cheap. Maybe someone likes this solution. 🙂

Cheers,

Johannes

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I'm not familiar with android devices on the market, but I would head the warning you need something with android 2.3 or above to use Spotify Connect. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have an iPad 1st gen but doesn't have "spotify connect" capability. 

I bought a Samsung tab 3 8". Nice big screen and great value. (£159 curry's uk). 

Spotify connect to my Yamaha v475 (connected via Ethernet). Works brilliantly.

Now bring back the stars please. 

Just to make sure I made myself correctly understood:

I want to use the tablet as the "player" e.g. like the Yamaha v475. It should just be lying next to the stereo and I will controll it using the iPhone or iPad. I could use and iphone/iPad too but thats just too expensive to be lying around. 🙂

Johannes

I see. Ok.
You can have the tab 3 next to your hifi and connect the aux out. I can control it from my iphone. Cheaper than buying a phone and the larger screen might come in handy if you want to control it direct.
An older phone may or may not run the connect version of spotify as mentioned above.
Someone else may confirm a cheaper phone that works as player.

Hey,

I tried it but it failed. As soon as the galaxy tab goes into standby, it can no longer be controlled by the iOS device.

Johannes

That is correct, to control Spotify devices (android and iOS) remotely, they need to be "awake" so to speak.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Hey,

Just an update here as I found a nice and working solution:

I bought an Android Mini TV MK808B for 40 EUR. It's cheap, small and easy to maintain. Just attach a mouse and a TV screen. I have connected it via HDMI to my Yamaha RX-V467 and the Yamaha to my TV. Now I have the sound on my speakers and if needed for maintainance I can select the respective HDMI on my TV. You can even install Teamviewer so you can make settings using your computer.

Works great and quite cheap. Maybe someone likes this solution. 🙂

Cheers,

Johannes

Suggested posts