Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Search doesn't work on my Android and never has!

I've been a Premium user for over a year and yeah I should've asked earlier but... I have NEVER been able to use the search function from my mobile. I thought it was my old phone (SGS1-old!) but after I installed it on my new Galaxy 4, it still doesn...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a Premium user for over a year and yeah I should've asked earlier but... I have NEVER been able to use the search function from my mobile. I thought it was my old phone (SGS1-old!) but af...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to use Spotify Connect?

Looking for a way to stream Spotify from my Lenovo Ideapad to my Samsung DA-E 750 which is fully Airplay-compatible. Heard about Spotify Connect and thought it was the solution for that but I don't even see a speaker symbol in Spotify. Uninstalled an...

• Regular
  • Looking for a way to stream Spotify from my Lenovo Ideapad to my Samsung DA-E 750 which is fully Airplay-compatible. Heard about Spotify Connect and thought it was the solution for that but I don't e...
  • poisike
  • Roadie
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Mercedes Benz A150 (MB Command) no playout

Hi all, I have a 2008 A150 and skype and normal telephone voice calls are fine over bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile. However Spotify doesn't playout over bluetooth. Is there anything I am missing? Has anyone had this same problem and would t...

• Regular
  • Hi all,   I have a 2008 A150 and skype and normal telephone voice calls are fine over bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile. However Spotify doesn't playout over bluetooth. Is there anyth...
  • ck1125
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

How to shuffle on android tablet?

I have to listen random music of an artist, but I don't want to choose any album or song. In mobile spotify is the only option, and the computer you only have to click in the artist photo. But I have no idea how to do in my android tablet...

• Casual Listener
  • I have to listen random music of an artist, but I don't want to choose any album or song.    In mobile spotify is the only option, and the computer you only have to click in the artist ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Feature request: Media Router API of JellyBean

The new Android 4.1 JellyBean has a new API/Button called Media Router. What it's doing?If you're connected to a Bluetooth Speaker or Headset you have a button within your app to quickly change between playback via Bluetooth or playback directly thro...

• Casual Listener
  • The new Android 4.1 JellyBean has a new API/Button called Media Router.  What it's doing? If you're connected to a Bluetooth Speaker or Headset you have a button within your app to quickly...
  • Neckaros
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Android bluetooth headset fast forward/rewind

Hi, Fast forward/rewind (hold next/previous) on my bluetooth headset doesn't seem to work in spotify, but it works great in for example the walkman app. Are there no support for ffw/rwd in Spotify for Android? If there is a way to fix it please tell ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Fast forward/rewind (hold next/previous) on my bluetooth headset doesn't seem to work in spotify, but it works great in for example the walkman app. Are there no support for ffw/rwd in...
  • afurberg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Radio problem

I'm using Spotify only on mobile and I love Spotify because of its radio function. But when I open Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd radios. It never plays these bands. Yes, it plays similar artists but I want to listen themselves.

• Regular
  • I'm using Spotify only on mobile and I love Spotify because of its radio function. But when I open Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd radios. It never plays these bands. Yes, it plays similar artists but I w...
  • incepted
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

offline mode - all downloaded not playing.

Hi I hope someone can help as I'm really confused!I was recommended Spotify by a friend who swears by it, as I work in a basement where the wifi connection is unreliable. I downloaded and paid for the app and for a few days everything was fine but no...

• Hi I hope someone can help as I'm really confused! I was recommended Spotify by a friend who swears by it, as I work in a basement where the wifi connection is unreliable. I downloaded and paid fo...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes when screen off

Hi, Spotify recently started to show a strange behavior when screen turns off: first Spotify paused (I managed to fix it through clean reinstallation) but now Spotify crashes when the screen times out. I cannot identify any significant change to my s...

• Hi,   Spotify recently started to show a strange behavior when screen turns off: first Spotify paused (I managed to fix it through clean reinstallation) but now Spotify crashes when the scre...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Sound quality Samsung S4 and Samsung Note 3

Hi A weird issue i have noticed on samsung phones. If i use google music or the built in music player on the phone, the sound quality is WAY better. Its louder and seems to have way better sound quality. The equaliser does work on spotify but doesnt ...

• Regular
  • Hi   A weird issue i have noticed on samsung phones.    If i use google music or the built in music player on the phone, the sound quality is WAY better. Its louder and seems t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is Spotify in some way compatible with the Sony Smartwatch 2?

So I'm planning on buying a Sony Smartwatch 2 and I just wondered if Spotify for Android is somehow compatible with it. Thanks in advance

• Casual Listener
  • So I'm planning on buying a Sony Smartwatch 2 and I just wondered if Spotify for Android is somehow compatible with it.    Thanks in advance
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - Connect Tablet with Phone

Is it possible to connect my Android tablet with my Andorid phone via Spotify connect (and if not, when will this feature be available, as it seems to work with iPhone/iPad)? Unfortunately, there won´t appear a connect button. The two devices are con...

• Regular
  • Is it possible to connect my Android tablet with my Andorid phone via Spotify connect (and if not, when will this feature be available, as it seems to work with iPhone/iPad)?   Unfortunately...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

The need for login when sim card changed

I can't get my head wrapped around the idea of having to log-in every time I change sim card. It's the worst thing when I'm on a plane, I land and I need to change the sim cards to the right one but there's no wi-fi nearby and can't use Mobile Data. ...

• Roadie
  • I can't get my head wrapped around the idea of having to log-in every time I change sim card. It's the worst thing when I'm on a plane, I land and I need to change the sim cards to the right one but ...
  • edga
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Confused about premium

I just purchased premium. Can someone please explain how this works for my phone? I thought that if i got premium, I was able to go to one of my playlists and choose any song and listen to it. I am only able to "shuffle play" which makes me mad becau...

• Casual Listener
  • I just purchased premium.  Can someone please explain how this works for my phone?  I thought that if i got premium, I was able to go to one of my playlists and choose any song and listen t...
  • mattpalmerin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ability to sort your playlists is gone?

While ago i was able to sort my playlist with allkind of settings (recently added, artist name, song name etc), which was great! But then i updated my spotify to version 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3 and I cant do it anymore. Why is that? Also i've lost my shuf...

• Music Fan
  • While ago i was able to sort my playlist with allkind of settings (recently added, artist name, song name etc),  which was great! But then i updated my spotify to version 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3 and ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Data Stream Data Usage

Hi, I am hoping to get some help on this -- I've been using Spotify Premium for Android for the past 2 years and never had problems with the data usage over AT&T 4G... until recently. Last month, my phone used up a WHOPPING 5 GB of data and I am not ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am hoping to get some help on this -- I've been using Spotify Premium for Android for the past 2 years and never had problems with the data usage over AT&T 4G... until recently. ...
  • kevnst
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Save to SD Card

Hi, My S4 has just updated to the latest version and now the data wont sync to the SD card. I can't even move the app to the SD card via the Application Manager. This is a fresh install of spotify. The SD card works fine. I have tried a factory reset...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   My S4 has just updated to the latest version and now the data wont sync to the SD card. I can't even move the app to the SD card via the Application Manager.   This is a fresh...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Keyboard entry closes when turned

When the search box is brought up, if the phone is accidentally turned to the point it switches into landscape mode, the application automatically closes the keyboard and search/text box. This can be annoying when trying to operate Spotify one handed...

• When the search box is brought up, if the phone is accidentally turned to the point it switches into landscape mode, the application automatically closes the keyboard and search/text box. This can be...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect for Android

When can I expect to gain access to Spotify Connect for Android (S3) to my premium account? I have a Yamaha A730 amplifiers that feature works for Iphone.

• Casual Listener
  • When can I expect to gain access to Spotify Connect for Android (S3) to my premium account? I have a Yamaha A730 amplifiers that feature works for Iphone.
  • connectseeker
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stutters when phone goes into standby (blackscreen)

Hey,just recently bought spotify and it is an awesome service. I do have an issue with the mobile app on my HTC Desire running 2.3.3. When the phone goes into standby mode and turns the screen off, the music starts to stutter after a few minutes of p...

• Visitor
  • Hey, just recently bought spotify and it is an awesome service.   I do have an issue with the mobile app on my HTC Desire running 2.3.3.   When the phone goes into standby mode and ...
  • Kresten112
  • Casual Listener
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes