Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Check connection - tried many things. Can't use spotify about to cancel my membership

Check connection - tried many things. Can't use spotify about to cancel my membership

I pay for the $10 a month premium plan, I have been using spotify for at least a couple of years. Last week I had a phone update, I don't know if that is what caused it, but it was around the same time I noticed that Spotify was not working cause I had been listening to music on the phone under my library for a few wks. My phone is A10E

It lets me log in, it shows me the main page, all the songs or podcasts I can choose from, but when I click on a song, it's just blank, if I click on JRE for example, it comes up and says "SOMETHING WENT WRONG, check your internet connection and try again" 

I have restarted my phone, I have uninstalled spotify and reinstalled, I have went to settings, apps and cleared everything, I have followed all steps from every video I have seen on youtube. NOTHING WORKS. I have tried loading with only wifi, and mobile data turned off.. I have tried enabling and disabling air plane mode. 

I dont know what else to do. Nothing I have done has done anything. The app works perfectly fine on my windows pc. It's my phone, what I use spotify on 100% of the time that I can't use it. If this is something I can't fix soon I'm 100% canceling my subscription. Why would I pay for something I can't use? 

17 Replies

Hello @treofwar , I'm sorry to hear about that.

The last time I had connection issues on my app it was due to memory issues.

Around the time I found out that the app needs about 1.5 GB of space free on the device to work well.

Now ofc it could be something different but let's confirm if it's storage issues first.

Even though you've cleared cache, can you confirm that your phone has enough storage  left?

You should also try removing your SD Card if you have one installed.

If there's no changes, please get back to me with screenshots of the display.

Thanks, and once again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

As of right now I have 1.9GB free on PHONE and 2.5 on the sd card. I have not tried to remove the sd card and will report back if it changed anything. Is 1.9GB enough not to cause an issue? This was a better reply than I got from an email I sent to support, they told me to try with only mobile data, if that didn't fix it to use a different device. Like HUH it's the only thing I listen to spotify with 100% of the time, just stopped working out of nowhere. I appreciate you trying to help. 

I'll try removing the sd card and seeing if that helps, I have little over 2GB free on both the phone and the sd card. I forgot to cancel and just got billed tho I have not been able to use the service in over a month

Hello once again @treofwar .

I really hope the SD card removal will clear things up.

If it doesn't, you can try other steps listed in this thread for troubleshooting on Android.

I really should have mentioned it earlier, I apologize.

Take care and have a great weekend ahead 😄

TaylithSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just ran an Android update, and now I am having the exact same problem described here. I have 4.5 GBs available on my internal drive, and over 12GBs on my card. No clue what to do. I also pay for this service, and will obviously have to cancel if I can't use it on my phone. Works fine on every other device in the house, except my phone after this update. 

Hi there @Adoniram,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We're sorry that you're having this experience. Let's take a closer look into this together.

To start with, can you let us know if you followed what's been suggested in the thread?

We also recommend that you follow the steps that are provided in this article. There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

NONE of the community or Spotify suggested solutions fix this problem that stem from the recent android update on or about June 29, 2022.  It is now August.   As a Spotify premium subscriber, this problem is at my cost but I see no value. I am about ready to cancel. Q: Spotify what is your timetable for a fix?

I'm a premium user from Brazil and I'm also experiencing this problem since the Android update. Tried opening a ticket with the support, to no use. The "solution" I came up with is using the Spotify Lite app while they don't roll out an update.

I've been having the same issue on my Galaxy Tab A. All started after an Android software update. Spotify has been the only app affected by this, none of the troubleshooting from the community has helped; Clean install, restarting device, removing SD card, messing with connection settings... it's all been for nothing. I've even tried a factory reset on the device, and no matter what, I keep getting the "Check internet connection and try again" error message. I'm a premium subscriber, and up until now, a very happy one. But it's been almost a month now that I haven't been able to use my tablet for Spotify around the house.  

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

As this issue started after an OS update, it could be related to some damaged files or a different route to detect the internet connection.

To keep looking at it, would you mind checking if it happens using a different internet connection? In case you don't have another network available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to try it.

Also, as some users found a relation between this behavior and the external storage, in case you haven't tried before, remove the SD card, reinstall the app, and try again with the card still removed. If you already did this, try it on a different device and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, to continue investigating this case; include in your next response the OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running on your device.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have given plenty of time for spotify to fix this issue.. it's obvious it's happened from the last update on android. So today I cancelled my premium account.. which I should have done 3 - 4 months ago. I would suggest everyone else to do the same thing that is having this issue cause they aren't trying to fix it. I mean, is there no devs that work on the android side of things? how have they not noticed and or fixed it by now?

it's happening on all android devices that I have, and everyone else I know that has an android. I'm not worried about it anymore, I cancelled my membership, I gave enough time for an update to fix the issue

I uninstalled and re-installed Spotify App without SD card. No change.

Spotify app does indeed work on my mini iPad on the same network.

I am not running battery optimization.

The operating system of my Samsung Galaxy A50, is Android 11.

I am running Spotify app version 8.7.58.455

Hey everyone.

Thank you for keeping in contact.

In order to look into this further with the relevant team, and in case you haven't sent it yet; let us know the following info:

- Make and model of your device

- OS version you're currently running

- Exact Spotify version

Also, and if possible; could any of you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Had the same problem. This worked! Is there an external SD card installed on your device? If the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick, you can remove it and reinstall the app in the internal memory of your device. Make sure to use the app without inserting the SD card again

This worked for me:

Is there an external SD card installed on your device? If the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick, you can remove it and reinstall the app in the internal memory of your device. Make sure to use the app without inserting the SD card again

Hi there @Secondwynd,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

It's very nice of you to share what worked for you with the rest of the Community 🙂

Have a great continued weekend!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts