Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast Audio problem

Chromecast Audio problem

After quite some time of getting frustrated with my CCA always cutting off the end of tracks / skipping etc, I abandoned it in favour of alternative products.  However, I couldn't just leave it festering in a drawer so decided to have another try at finding a solution.  Turns out that in my absence, someone has actually confirmed my suspicion that it is the Google Home app that is the problem.

Now we all know that you need Home to set up the CCA right?  BUT what is not obvious is that you don't need it to run the CCA!!!

I set up my CCA with Home and had all the usual problems again.  I even experienced the same problem with a rival WiFi streamer which is what lead me down the wrong path.

After making sure everything  was installed and connected ok I completely uninstalled Home on all my devices.  Result?  All Chromecast devices continued to show but now worked with no problems.  Don't know whether to feel anger or relief.

Plan

Free

Country

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey @dpearce33,

I'm glad to hear things are working!

If you experience this issue again, I'd recommend heading over to the Google Chromecast Audio support site as it sounds like this issue is related to your Google Chromecast Audio and the Google Home app rather than your Spotify account.

Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts