Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Loads of songs suddenly greyed out in Spotify

Hi, I've been using Spotify premium without issue on my andoid phone for months, some songs on my local files playlist were greyed out, but only a few. Yesterday I logged in and on every single local files playlist about half the songs are now greyed...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    I've been using Spotify premium without issue on my andoid phone for months, some songs on my local files playlist were greyed out, but only a few. Yesterday I logged in and on eve...
  • Chrisawoods98
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify stops playing after 30 - 40 mins.

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceNokia 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Spotify stops playing after 30 - 40 mins I also use iPad on same WiFi connection with out any problems. I am new to Nokia and the android platform so can only assume th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Nokia 8 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  Spotify stops playing after 30 - 40 mins    I also use iPad on sam...
  • _8-56h4kl9bnu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Home screen does not display option to sign in with existing user

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceAIKON 8.0 Car MultimediaOperating SystemAndroid 6.0.1 My Question or Issue The car multimedia does not display the entire APP home screen in full, displaying only the first 2 buttons (sign up for free and continue with f...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Device AIKON 8.0 Car Multimedia Operating System Android 6.0.1   My Question or Issue   The car multimedia does not display the entire APP home screen...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Locally Imported Files Greyed Out, Unable to listen, Downloaded and greyed out.

Hi All. I understand that a few of you had reported issues with accessing local files on your computer and other devices such as Android and Apple. I was having the same issue and I seem to have solved the problem...I could see a few of you were anno...

• Casual Listener
  • ...indows Defender Firewall > Monitoring > Scroll down > Locate Spotify > Tick ‘Private’ and ‘Public’ options.   2. Re-install Spotify, by doing this, it will also prompt you to make t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist organization

PlanPremiumCountry U.S.DeviceHTC 10, HTC One M7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I used to have my playlist organized by artist, then album. About a week ago, Spotify randomly set my playlist back to organizing by date added. When I select...

• Plan Premium Country  U.S. Device HTC 10, HTC One M7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  I used to have my playlist organized by artist, then album.  About ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify "blackout" on Android

It happened when I was costumizing a playlist, then the main screen literally "blackout" and the ongoing music was still playing, so did the following songs.It's strange, since I tried to restart the app, even with force to stop it then restart my ph...

• It happened when I was costumizing a playlist, then the main screen literally "blackout" and the ongoing music was still playing, so did the following songs. It's strange, since I tried to restart t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The new Spotify UI was removed form my account, how can I bring it back?

Hi! Recently I download Spotify (again), and this came with a new beautiful interface. At that time I had my Spotify Free and spent a few weeks with the UI that I miss. In any case... today I buy Spotify Premium and a few seconds after having it, the...

•   Hi!   Recently I download Spotify (again), and this came with a new beautiful interface.   At that time I had my Spotify Free and spent a few weeks with the UI that I miss. &nb...
  • f_wjjdn9t-gl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Como deleto músicas importadas porem deletadas da pasta de origem? (How do I delete imported songs?)

Importei algumas musicas para uma playlist, porém deletei elas dessa pasta e agora nao consigo tira-las da minha playlist, como posso remove-las? (English)I imported some songs nto a playlist, but I deleted them from that folder and now I can not get...

• Importei algumas musicas para uma playlist, porém deletei elas dessa pasta e agora nao consigo tira-las da minha playlist, como posso remove-las?     (English) I imported some songs nto...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is unavailable right now. Try again in a few minutes

PlanPremiumCountry Australia DeviceAndroid phone LG g6Operating System My Question or Issue Cant play all the songs since yesterday morning and the sentence was on the homepage.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Australia   Device Android phone LG g6 Operating System     My Question or Issue  Cant play all the songs since yesterday morning and...
  • _0iphytr-jwxu
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

trouble downloading music

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceOppo A57Operating SystemDont know My Question or Issue hey, having an issue with downloading music, I've previously had a premium acount but haven't used spotify in a while, so i had to renew my account. My issue is t...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device Oppo A57 Operating System Dont know   My Question or Issue  hey, having an issue with downloading music, I've previously had a premium acount...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"SHUFFLE" and "REPEAT ALL" resets when selecting new song

PlanPremium DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHey everyone! I have noticed for the past 2 or 3 weeks that whenever I select a new song on a playlist, "shuffle and repeat all" turns off/resets. This not only happen...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Hey everyone!  I have noticed for the past 2 or 3 weeks that whenever I select...
  • TK702
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes

Rap Caviar will only shuffle play

PlanFreeCountry DeviceOf k20v or something pike thatOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueRap Caviar will only shuffle play

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country   Device Of k20v or something pike that Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Rap Caviar will only shuffle play  
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle does not play new songs

I've added about 10 new songs to my playlist and it's not played a single one of them yet. I added about 3 of them before the update and the rest after the update but it still hasn't played a single one, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling as we...

• I've added about 10 new songs to my playlist and it's not played a single one of them yet. I added about 3 of them before the update and the rest after the update but it still hasn't played a single ...
  • peterbeau
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Semi-permanent Shuffle like before?

How can verification fail?!? Ok, i tried to make a post about shuffle but this forum is hard to master. Whenever i manually select a favorite song, shuffle turns off. How can i reenable the old shuffle? I drive, ride mountain bike, and go skiiing. Th...

• Regular
  • How can verification fail?!?   Ok, i tried to make a post about shuffle but this forum is hard to master.    Whenever i manually select a favorite song, shuffle turns off. How can ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle not working properly

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueSince most recent update any time i select a song shuffle and repeat all are turned off and any time i try and search up a specific song and play it a differ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Since most recent update any time i select a song shuffle and repeat al...
  • Aspiranten
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Offline songs always start from beginning

Hello I got an issue today after the playstore update. I have many Offline Songs from my private music library like 1-3h DJ-Sets in some of my playlist.If I listen to one of them I stop it on like 1h and want to listen at another time at this point f...

• Hello   I got an issue today after the playstore update. I have many Offline Songs from my private music library like 1-3h DJ-Sets in some of my playlist. If I listen to one of them I stop it...
  • nintendoc6
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Every time I listen to songs on my galaxy note 4, the volume goes up and down again, some times stop

PlanPremiumCountry usaSamsung galaxy note 4Operating Systemandroid 6.0.1.Every time I listen to songs on my galaxy note 4, the volume goes up and down again, some times stop

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  usa Samsung galaxy note 4 Operating System android 6.0.1. Every time I listen to songs on my galaxy note 4, the volume goes up and down again, some times sto...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't play some song.

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceRedmi Note 3 Pro/Desktop PCOperating SystemAndroid Lollipop/Windows 10 My Question or Issue I can't play some song (Attached below). I always play these song almost everyday. This evening i bought the 3 month premium ...

•   Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Redmi Note 3 Pro/Desktop PC Operating System Android Lollipop/Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I can't play some song (Attached bel...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot Rearrange Songs (No Edit button)

I can't arrange the songs in the playlist I created as there is no Edit button. I already reinstalled the app, but it has still no edit button.

• Visitor
  • I can't arrange the songs in the playlist I created as there is no Edit button. I already reinstalled the app, but it has still no edit button.
  • lubos
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes