Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel 3a / Google Home Mini

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

At night, I use Spotify to "Cast" to a Google Home Mini in my daughter's room which works as expected. The problem that I have is that when I go to bed, a few hours later, and connect my Bluetooth headphones to my phone, Spotify automatically switches to playing out of my headphones, even without the app running in the foreground. What is worse, is that the speaker then starts talking about how it cannot continue because the account is in use elsewhere which, given my daughter is asleep, is not good!

I am not intending to listen to Spotify on my headphones, I just want to listed to some podcasts using another app which makes this incredibly frustrating.

I can see how this could be useful in some situations but in my use case it is most definitely not. 

Is this intended functionality?

Is there any way to stop this behaviour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Kbella
Casual Listener

Did you find a solution for this?? I am having the exact same issue right now, and with the Google mini too! Really hoping you found a fix!! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Solution!

Kbella
Casual Listener

Did you find a solution for this?? I am having the exact same issue right now, and with the Google mini too! Really hoping you found a fix!! 

View solution in original post

Eni

Hi @Kbella

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We recommend that you unpair your headphones from your phone, restart the device an pair them anew. That way the connection will be built from the ground up.

It's also worthwhile to check the individual device settings from your Bluetooth menu after paring the devices again.

If those steps don't do the trick, could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Kbella
Casual Listener

Hi @Eni ,

Thanks for the help! I tried everything you suggested and unfortunately there's no change. Though I did realize I had one detail wrong in my initial post. When I connect Bluetooth headset (or earbuds), Spotify immediately stops playing on my Google Mini and starts playing on my phone, but NOT thru the headset/earbuds. It plays thru the phone's speaker even though it says it's connected to the Bluetooth device I just connected. So strange! There isn't an app or settings option for either the headset I'm trying to use nor for the earbuds. Both have previously worked just fine without this happening. This issue has only come up when I plugged in a wired headset one time. Nothing changed to make this randomly happen now, not that I'm aware of at least. Has been a couple weeks since last phone update (pixel 4a) and everything was working fine every day since. This all just started a few days ago. 

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Ver

Hey @Kbella,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It's also a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

Could you try logging in to another account on the same device to check if that makes a difference?

Let us know how it goes.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
SUGGESTED POSTS