Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast audio - playlist always returns to beginning

Chromecast audio - playlist always returns to beginning

Hi!

Concerning chromecast audio....

When I select to play some song in the middle of my selfmade spotify playlist, with the next song the player will always return to the beginning of the playlist, always starting from the beginning of the list forwards.

Is there a easy solution to play playlist from the middle onwards?

44 Replies

Referring to my own post from june-july, you can avert this "return to playlist beginning" bug by using max 100 song playlists.

Of course, this required some manual labor to copypaste a large playlist to new 100 song chunks...

This doesn't seem to be a difficult issue to fix. Can someone from spotify care to elaborate why we can't have playlists bigger than 100 songs to play properly on Chromecast? 

I noticed, the same behaviour when streaming to a new sonos. Might indicate that the problem is "spotify + streaming" instead of third party hardware.

I've also found this over 100 song bug when playing a playlist on my phone.

Spotify, come on how hard can it be to solve this.

Still no fix?

Please fix this Spotify.

I have the same problem with a 400 song playlist which only occurs with Chromecast. So frustrating. 

Spotify guys, any update about this issue? 🙂

Hey Spotify-people:

I'm a premium subscriber and I am also super-duper annoyed by this "feature".

Hey Spotify 🙂

Any news about this issue?

Nope 😞

😞 come on

Guys, aren't you embarrassed yet?

What can we do to make you make this a priority? Do you need a paper letter, fax? 

This is crazy, so annoying ! Should be an easy fix

Is there anybody there?

I think they are working on it..

https://giphy.com/gifs/office-crew-rowing-iRzlyqHL8hJTy

New problems that arose for me lately. Android OnePlus 3t:

-no search results while online.

-random shutdowns of the app, after several minutes, couple of time a day..

It feels like a more degraded product, while prices have risen..

No legal / class action possibilities? Any lawyer in da house?

Spotify - Seriously, pull your finger out and 1.) Respond to your community, and 2.) Fix this long standing issue.

We have Google Home devices in our house and because of this issue Spotify only shuffles the top of our playlists (e.g. Songs playlist, which dates back to 2012).

I just completed the only survey re Spotify Community and gave it the thumbs down for lack of responsiveness on here.

If you're waiting for a competitor to come along and steal your lunch then I look forward to their arrival.

@sellotape wrote:

Spotify - Seriously, pull your finger out and 1.) Respond to your community, and 2.) Fix this long standing issue.

We have Google Home devices in our house and because of this issue Spotify only shuffles the top of our playlists (e.g. Songs playlist, which dates back to 2012).

I just completed the only survey re Spotify Community and gave it the thumbs down for lack of responsiveness on here.

If you're waiting for a competitor to come along and steal your lunch then I look forward to their arrival.

*Only online survey

Spotify support reached out to me recently. This is what they said, haven't followed the steps, since it seems to be quite a bit of work for a temp fix. Hopefully "soon" is soon:

Hey Jean,

Thanks for your questions.

We are aware of this widespread issue and our tech people are currently working on a permanent fix.

Personally, (as I pay for my Premium myself), I encountered this problem over the weekend and did the following steps:

1. Logged into the account page and tapped Sign Out Everywhere.
  2. Cleared cache using the mobile device settings.
  3. Uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify.

The caveat is having to re-download songs, but it was effective. A permanent fix from the tech people is coming up soon.

In the meantime, will you send us the version of your Spotify app? We look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Rico

I've done this and it's not working.

Got the same problem if i use my phone as "remote" to my smart tv computers and laptop.

Suggested posts