Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast finding problem

Chromecast finding problem

Two days ago I listened Spotify with chromecast.  I choosed a song and picked chromecast as an availeble device using my phone to control music. Everything has been working with chromecast for a long time. ( Only sometimes had to clear the memory. )

Why it does not work anymore? ( For example Youtube is working. )

6 Replies

Same exact situation for me. It worked just a few days ago. Tried to use send my music to my TV on my Pixel 2 and nothing. It however, worked on the iPad Mini 2 I have. But I may also not have updated the app yet on the iPad.

Thank you beeing there...
I have also installed older version of Spotify because this happenned after
updating Spotify to latest version. The problem stays....

Thank you beeing there...I have also installed older version of Spotify because this happenned after updating Spotify to latest version. The problem stays...

Now I tried again open Spotify and the chromecast finding problem has vanished at least just now!

It's working again!

I have not solved it.

I hope chromecast works in Spotify also with all you who had the same problem!!!!

Again I have this problem that Chromecast connecting problem.  YouTube, chrome and Ruutu are connecting with the Chromecast.

ONLY SPOTIFY IS NOT WORKING. I'm using mobile base station ( if this is the right word to use ) not Wi-Fi connection with Chromecast . 

I have taken the Chromecast  plug off and put it back, Cleared the memory, re-installed Spotify and so on...

When I'm pushing Chromecast as an available device it starts connecting ( On screen comes "Spotify"  but then nothing happens. I have picked the song but the song is not coming to the screen.

Earlier was problem that I could see the picked song but there was no voices at all.

Also there has been continually problems when I skip songs and choose another song from the list .

Chromecast keeps playing the same song or next from the list. Same time my mobile phone "is thinking that I'm listening with this phone" and the Chromecast is an available device that I'm not using . So the connection is not stable.

HELP!!!!

I have done things "Spotify support" suggests to solve the connecting problem. Those solutions don't work...

T. Kai Koskinen 

Suggested posts