Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Modify download time feature

Hi, It would be really great if we could modify the time our downloads sync if on wifi/cellular. I would much rather have my downloads updates at midnight while I'm sleeping instead of the middle of the day. I don't see the feature to download at a c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   It would be really great if we could modify the time our downloads sync if on wifi/cellular. I would much rather have my downloads updates at midnight while I'm sleeping instead of the m...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify doesn't work on mobile

Hello,I moved from Italy (where I was already using Spotify both on mobile and my computer) to Taiwan. After two weeks here, I went on Spotify's website to and changed the country to Taiwan so that I could continue using it with my free account. The ...

• Hello, I moved from Italy (where I was already using Spotify both on mobile and my computer) to Taiwan. After two weeks here, I went on Spotify's website to and changed the country to Taiwan so that...
  • shaf-4
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists are not playing the songs in them

Hello, this morning I started listening to music as i regularly do. However, when i tried to shuffle play my playlist, not a single song in it actually played, and the song that started playing isn't in the playlist and generally a different song fro...

• Regular
  • Hello, this morning I started listening to music as i regularly do. However, when i tried to shuffle play my playlist, not a single song in it actually played, and the song that started playing isn't...
  • Eganmayurphymay
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Default shuffle off

I play mainly classical music so want shuffle always turned off. How do I make shuffle off the default in my Premium Andriod account? Any advice please?

• Regular
  • I play mainly classical music so want shuffle always turned off.   How do I make shuffle off the default in my Premium Andriod account?   Any advice please?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

How to play music stored on android, in Spotify

I am searching for a way to incorporate my music saved on my phone sd card, into my spotify "Your music". Is there a way to do this? I basically want to be able to use Spotify as my only media player on my phone, not the Music player on my phone for ...

• I am searching for a way to incorporate my music saved on my phone sd card, into my spotify "Your music".    Is there a way to do this? I basically want to be able to use Spotify as my ...
  • katat11
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify continues to play after I unplug headphones MIUI 9, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

So basically I've been having this issue for about 3-7 days now I think. Could be related to the last update. It's still catching me by surprise when I'm in the reading room at the uni and I start blasting for everyone.

• Regular
  • So basically I've been having this issue for about 3-7 days now I think. Could be related to the last update. It's still catching me by surprise when I'm in the reading room at the uni and I start bl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable Auto-play

How can we disable auto-play in the Android app? I like to listen to podcasts while running and I don't appreciate it immediately playing older podcasts I've already heard. Because it's so seamless it's often difficult to notice when this happens, so...

• How can we disable auto-play in the Android app?  I like to listen to podcasts while running and I don't appreciate it immediately playing older podcasts I've already heard.  Because it's s...
  • rogertms3
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Track not available on phone, but it is available on desktop

I have a playlist of songs by "The Piano Guys". Spotify on my phone is now complaining that the tracks are not available, while I can still stream them on my desktop app. Also, the playlist on my phone is not displayed fully anymore. It does state th...

• Gig Goer
  • I have a playlist of songs by "The Piano Guys". Spotify on my phone is now complaining that the tracks are not available, while I can still stream them on my desktop app. Also, the playlist on my pho...
  • doggidogg
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

SOU PREMIO E NAO CONSIGO ACESSAR A MINHA CONTA SO FUNCIONA COMO FREE

OLA BOM DIA GOSTARIA DE SABER QUAL O MOTIVO DE MINHA CONTA PREMIO NAO ESTA FUNCIONANDO JA COLOQUEI O USUARIO E FICA COMO SE AINDA FOSSE FREE JA ULTILIZEI TODOS OS MODOS E NAO CONSIGO

• OLA BOM DIA GOSTARIA DE SABER QUAL O MOTIVO DE MINHA CONTA PREMIO NAO ESTA FUNCIONANDO JA COLOQUEI O USU ARIO E FICA COMO SE AINDA FOSSE FREE JA ULTILIZEI TODOS OS MODOS E NAO CONSIGO   
  • MONICA75
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Im waiting 3+ years for Android Beta Testing

Hi im waiting beta testing for android over 3 years. Why? Im running oreo on my galaxy s8 and i can report bugs etc. Im active phone user. Can you add me to beta? I can send my email privately.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi im waiting beta testing for android over 3 years. Why? Im running oreo on my galaxy s8 and i can report bugs etc. Im active phone user. Can you add me to beta? I can send my email privately.
  • etosunkaya
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! After last update, can't add songs to playlists

When i click on "add to another playlist," or"remove from this playlist" nothing happens at all. the only thing that happens is the little pop-up choices that include "remove from this playlist", etc, goes away.This only started happening right after...

• Casual Listener
  • When i click on "add to another playlist," or"remove from this playlist" nothing happens at all. the only thing that happens is the little pop-up choices that include "remove from this playlist", etc...
  • ebrady42
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes

Random pauses

In the last couple of weeks Spotify has been randomly pausing. It could be 2 minutes into a session, or up to an hour or so. 9 times out of 10 I can swipe down and press play on the notification, or if I'm using earbuds pressing play on the inline re...

• Casual Listener
  • In the last couple of weeks Spotify has been randomly pausing. It could be 2 minutes into a session, or up to an hour or so. 9 times out of 10 I can swipe down and press play on the notification, or ...
  • HunsletPirate
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems to accept the invitation

I'm trying to accept the invitation that we receive at the familiar plan, but when I click to accept this invitation I'm being send to Google Chrome, to the account page. I just can't accept, how can I solve that?

• I'm trying to accept the invitation that we receive at the familiar plan, but when I click to accept this invitation I'm being send to Google Chrome, to the account page. I just can't accept, how can...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy s8+ spotify pause randomly

Hello i use my new Galaxy S8+ and i got an issue during the listening. Spotify just pause the song randomly I have to skip or restart the song to continue my listening.I have put spotify app in the battery saving exclusion like I read in other post b...

• Regular
  • Hello i use my new Galaxy S8+ and i got an issue during the listening. Spotify just pause the song randomly I have to skip or restart the song to continue my listening. I have put spotify app in t...
  • Wonkza
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify overlapping GUI

For some reason my spotify keeps overlapping when I back off the app and open it. I have to close it completely to be able to see anything. I have a Note 8 and I'll include a screenshot.

• For some reason my spotify keeps overlapping when I back off the app and open it. I have to close it completely to be able to see anything. I have a Note 8 and I'll include a screenshot.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Introducing the Spotify for Android Beta Testing Program

Hello! We would like to get your feedback on the updates and improvements we are making to our application, so we’ve created a Beta version that you can try out. Beginning this Friday, May 29 2015, the Android beta program will give users who opt-in ...

• Spotify Legend
  • Hello! We would like to get your feedback on the updates and improvements we are making to our application, so we’ve created a Beta version that you can try out. Beginning this Friday, May 29 201...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 113 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Beta
    test
  • 113 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! Get my local music on Spotify (Not import MP3, but find them online)

Hi guys, I have a very basic question and I know there must be an answer to this, because I can't believe I am the first one to ask this. I am new to Spotify. I have around 1600 songs on my phone (mp3) which I collected over the last 10 years. I want...

• Hi guys,   I have a very basic question and I know there must be an answer to this, because I can't believe I am the first one to ask this.   I am new to Spotify. I have around 1600 son...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Terrible Daily Mix. No way to say "Don't ever play this again"

1. How to get rid of terrible "Daily Mixes"2. Why does the "Daily Mix" never change. That's not "Daily" and that's stupid.3. Why can't I see the heart/hate buttons when looking at the track that is currently playing? 4. I feel like the UI puts handcu...

• 1. How to get rid of terrible "Daily Mixes" 2. Why does the "Daily Mix" never change. That's not "Daily" and that's stupid. 3. Why can't I see the heart/hate buttons when looking at the track that ...
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes

Metadata not displaying correctly in vehicle through Android Auto (phone).

The metadata for track and artist is not refreshing to the head unit in my vehicle when using Android Auto (phone). Outside of Android Auto it seems to work fine.Other music apps aren't having this issue.

• Casual Listener
  • The metadata for track and artist is not refreshing to the head unit in my vehicle when using Android Auto (phone). Outside of Android Auto it seems to work fine. Other music apps aren't having this...
  • rloveman
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • android auto
    bluetooth
    bug
    Glitch
    metadata
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Offline mode problems

Sorry for my English i my'm Argentinian.The problem is the offline mode, I closed the session automatically while I was in offline mode, the problem is that I have the music downloaded and I would like to not have to download it again because I do no...

• Casual Listener
  • Sorry for my English i my'm Argentinian. The problem is the offline mode, I closed the session automatically while I was in offline mode, the problem is that I have the music downloaded and I would ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes