Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode

Hello, i was was wondering if there is a way to keep your Spotify available when you’re offline more than 30 days because in the military and deployed you’re usually not able to have a internet connection to verify subscriptions and you music will be...

• Hello,   i was was wondering if there is a way to keep your Spotify available when you’re offline more than 30 days because in the military and deployed you’re usually not able to have a inter...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuck on 0 out of 1 downloaded - Google Pixel XL

Over the last couple of days the Spotify app on my phone has started to show a "Downloading" notification saying "0 out of 1 (0% complete)". All my songs have the green downloaded tick next to them, and when switching to offline mode the latest downl...

• Over the last couple of days the Spotify app on my phone has started to show a "Downloading" notification saying "0 out of 1 (0% complete)".    All my songs have the green downloaded...
  • benmhogan
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Starts skipping songs, starts up in background

App worked fine on my old phone (Samsung Note 5) and I recently upgraded to the Note 8 and started having issues with songs skipping. Sometimes it will work fine, and other times the songs will play a few seconds a day start skipping to the next trac...

• App worked fine on my old phone (Samsung Note 5) and I recently upgraded to the Note 8 and started having issues with songs skipping. Sometimes it will work fine, and other times the songs will play ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't download music on my SD card - Huawei P9

Hi, I'm premium user and would like to download offline music to my SD card. i found this instructions:https://support.spotify.com/cr/using_spotify/search_play/save-to-sd-card/ However, when i follow the instructions, I do not even find the option to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I'm premium user and would like to download offline music to my SD card.  i found this instructions: https://support.spotify.com/cr/using_spotify/search_play/save-to-sd-card/ &nbsp...
  • pelufano
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Lowers volume when I get notifications

I'm pretty sure that this is not a spotify problem but an android problem, but it's very annoying. Whenever I get a notification, the volume goes down for a bit and then goes back up. I just updated to Android 8.0.0 and after that it started happenin...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm pretty sure that this is not a spotify problem but an android problem, but it's very annoying. Whenever I get a notification, the volume goes down for a bit and then goes back up. I just updated ...
  • NegZero
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

Freeze and crash as soon as I open the app

I can't use the app, it doesn't respond and crashes after a little while. Using a Samsung galaxy s7 with Android v 7.0. I already tried a clean install.Any ideas?

• I can't use the app, it doesn't respond and crashes after a little while. Using a Samsung galaxy s7 with Android v 7.0. I already tried a clean install. Any ideas? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

eteterterter

hththtrhtrhtrhhghtfhghth

• Regular
  • hththtrhtrhtrhhghtfhghth
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App crash logging in as user #1, but works when logged in as user #2

Hey, I have a wierd problem that started when I played around with Google Assistant today. All of a sudden Spotify will not start; or it starts but is immediately shut down when logged in as my user (#1) I tried all the reccomended recovery reccomend...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   I have a wierd problem that started when I played around with Google Assistant today. All of a sudden Spotify will not start; or it starts but is immediately shut down when logged in as...
  • faan_skit
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps pausing music during the song playing and sometimes just skips song

I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 I recently reinstalled my spotify app and when im listening to songs it keeps just pausing the songs and mid song and then occassionaly just skips songs. I dont know what to do haha. I have tried restarting my phone deletin...

• I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 I recently reinstalled my spotify app and when im listening to songs it keeps just pausing the songs and mid song and then occassionaly just skips songs.   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline sound quality problem

Hello! Im new to spotify and i started out with premium. I listen to my music primarily outside of my WiFi zone because im constantly walking to work/school and also listen when i go for runs on trails. when i downloaded my playlist for offline use i...

• Regular
  • Hello!   Im new to spotify and i started out with premium. I listen to my music primarily outside of my WiFi zone because im constantly walking to work/school and also listen when i go for run...
  • arthurabatti
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify works like youtube

Well, whenever spoti is working on background the song suddenly stops. If it is a song that i downloaded before, no problem. But if i want to listen a playlist or an album that i did not save, it requires spotify on screen- which is quite like youtub...

• Well, whenever spoti is working on background the song suddenly stops. If it is a song that i downloaded before, no problem. But if i want to listen a playlist or an album that i did not save, it req...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Android

Yesterday i have changed my Password and today i tried to Log in. It starts for 2 or 3 seconds and then shuts down and i need to sign in again. I am signing in again, it starts Spotify and the same thing happens again. What is going in there ?

• Yesterday i have changed my Password and today i tried to Log in. It starts for 2 or 3 seconds and then shuts down and i need to sign in again. I am signing in again, it starts Spotify and the same t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Screen keeps doubling up on android app

I don't know how to describe it but whenever I leave the app or go to the the current track playing it randomly takes a snapshot of what was on my last screen and overlays it over where spotify opens up at default and its very obstructive. As an exam...

• I don't know how to describe it but whenever I leave the app or go to the the current track playing it randomly takes a snapshot of what was on my last screen and overlays it over where spotify opens...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no puedo descargar la aplicacion :C

muy buen dia a todos, quisiera ver si alguien me puede ayudar pues no se que hacer :C, tengo cuenta premium y todo pero cuando descargo la aplicacion en mi celular la descarga y cuando empieza a instalar el celular se reinicia y no me deja instalarla...

• muy buen dia a todos, quisiera ver si alguien me puede ayudar pues no se que hacer :C, tengo cuenta premium y todo pero cuando descargo la aplicacion en mi celular la descarga y cuando empieza a inst...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't use Bluetooth controls after last update

I use Spotify in my car all the time. As a premium subscriber I am very disapointed after the last update. The bluetooth controls won't work anymore (can't scroll/skip songs). The worst part is that if I receive a phone call, Spotify will still run i...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Spotify in my car all the time. As a premium subscriber I am very disapointed after the last update. The bluetooth controls won't work anymore (can't scroll/skip songs). The worst part is ...
  • drewwho-8
  • 26 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 16 likes

Solved!! How to listen to explicit music?

I've been using spotify for about a month now and it would allow me to hear explicit lyrics. Just today I noticed it's playing clean versions. How do I fix this?

• I've been using spotify for about a month now and it would allow me to hear explicit lyrics. Just today I noticed it's playing clean versions. How do I fix this?
  • Noblehalfling
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Private Profile

Hey, is there a way that I can set my profile permanently on private so people cannot see who I follow, including my followers because i always get troubled for this and I would really like to know if this is possible, thanks

• Hey, is there a way that I can set my profile permanently on private so people cannot see who I follow, including my followers because i always get troubled for this and I would really like to know i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot Login on Android App

App does not want to get me logged to accountUsername and Password are correct Reseted the password - no changereinstalled the app - no changeweb login - works

• Casual Listener
  • App does not want to get me logged to account Username and Password are correct   Reseted the password - no change reinstalled the app - no change web login - works
  • antman60
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Encrypted sd card causes Spotify to lose offline music

Every time after my device reboots, Spotify changes offline storage from sd card storage to device storage. Spotify then begins downloading all of the saved music to the device storage. Changing the storage location does not stop the download to devi...

• Regular
  • Every time after my device reboots, Spotify changes offline storage from sd card storage to device storage. Spotify then begins downloading all of the saved music to the device storage. Changing the ...
  • bill_hobkins
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Encrypted SD Card Saving Bug - Samsung Galaxy S7

I guess I run into a bug. Can you verify or possibly offer a solution? Pre-requisites:1- Android Encrypted SD Card Steps:1- Open App2- Select SD Card as Storage3- Download a playlist4- Restart the device Expected:Storage stays as SD Card Result:Stora...

• Visitor
  • I guess I run into a bug. Can you verify or possibly offer a solution?   Pre-requisites: 1- Android Encrypted SD Card   Steps: 1- Open App 2- Select SD Card as Storage 3- Download a...
  • bill_hobkins
  • Casual Listener
  • 32 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 16 likes