Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Prompted to "add payment method"

The spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 is prompting me to add a payment method to my account. The words on screen read: "You've downloaded 24 albums and playlists, Did you know thats a premium feature? Update your payment method asap to keep your mu...

• Casual Listener
  • The spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 is prompting me to add a payment method to my account. The words on screen read: "You've downloaded 24 albums and playlists, Did you know thats a premium featu...
  • edotpan
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! continuous music to sleep to

Hi I am new to spotify and want to use to play continuous music/sounds to use with headphones to sleep to. I need something that does not have sudden changes breaks etc so it does not wake me.Any help much apprieciated. Gill Wps I have signed up to p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I am new to spotify and want to use to play continuous music/sounds to use with headphones to sleep to.  I need something that does not have sudden changes breaks etc so it does not ...
  • GillyW
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify or android? Unable to move the spotify app to the SD card.

I have an htc desire 500 cellphone and I am unable to move the spotify app to the SD card. Who's to blame, spotify or htc? I have had both an htc desire HD and an htc rhyme before, and no issues with spotify. Now I am reconsidering my spotify premium...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an htc desire 500 cellphone and I am unable to move the spotify app to the SD card. Who's to blame, spotify or htc? I have had both an htc desire HD and an htc rhyme before, and no issues with...
  • saratellier
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes

App não aparece na tela de bloqueio

Não consigo mais passar músicas e outras funções com a tela bloqueada, não aparece nem o ícone no canto esquerdo superior enquanto o Spotify está aberto com a tela desbloqueada também... Gostaria das funções de volta.

• Não consigo mais passar músicas e outras funções com a tela bloqueada, não aparece nem o ícone no canto esquerdo superior enquanto o Spotify está aberto com a tela desbloqueada também... Gostaria das...
  • LucasMedeiros
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Remove multiple songs

So I currently have a playlist with like 900 songs and I really want to delete like 400-500 of them because I simply don't listen to them anymore. Is there an easy way to remove the songs? Or something like a haven't listened to this song for X amoun...

• So I currently have a playlist with like 900 songs and I really want to delete like 400-500 of them because I simply don't listen to them anymore.   Is there an easy way to remove the songs?&n...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problema con reproduccion

Bueno lo que me pasa es que cuando pongo una cancion se escucha unos segundos y se cambia a otra y pasa lo mismo con la siguiente cancion con spotifi cerrado

• Bueno lo que me pasa es que cuando pongo una cancion se escucha unos segundos y se cambia a otra y pasa lo mismo con la siguiente cancion con spotifi cerrado
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto no Album Art

Hi, since a few weeks I have the problem, that Spotify doesn't show the Album art anymore in Android Auto. Going to another tab in Android Auto and back to spotify fixes it. Could you please fix this Problem?

• Regular
  • Hi,   since a few weeks I have the problem, that Spotify doesn't show the Album art anymore in Android Auto. Going to another tab in Android Auto and back to spotify fixes it.   Could y...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not opening on wileyfox swift

Hey guys, I have a wileyfox swift (the original one), and all of a sudden spotify won't open. It used to be absolutely fine, but now as soon as I click it it quits itself, as it would do if it were being updated. Wileyfox runs a custom version of and...

• Hey guys, I have a wileyfox swift (the original one), and all of a sudden spotify won't open. It used to be absolutely fine, but now as soon as I click it it quits itself, as it would do if it were b...
  • ReGr
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Crash Cyanogen OS 13.1.5 (Android 6.0.1)

Everytime I am using the Spotify App, I don´t know why it crashs and stop to play music. But this isn´t the worst. I have to remove the battery because I cant restart or turn off the phone normally. Even Google Play Music get frozen when it happens. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I am using the Spotify App, I don´t know why it crashs and stop to play music. But this isn´t the worst. I have to remove the battery because I cant restart or turn off the phone normally. ...
  • ReGr
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro Premium Features for Android

Hello, when are the premium features available for Android Smartphones for the spotify App on Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro?I really want to use spotify offline on this smart watch as a standalone device together with my bluetooth ear plugs, for sports.If t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   when are the premium features available for Android Smartphones for the spotify App on Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro? I really want to use spotify offline on this smart watch as a standalon...
  • Mäh85
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

No puedo descargar musica

Tengo el problema de que cuando intento descargar mi musica para escucharla en modo offline la descarga inicia pero solo descarga entre 7 y 13 canciones, despues aparce el mensaje de que mi memoria esta llena, pero he verificado y las dos (memoria in...

• Casual Listener
  • Tengo el problema de que cuando intento descargar mi musica para escucharla en modo offline la descarga inicia pero solo descarga entre 7 y 13 canciones, despues aparce el mensaje de que mi memoria e...
  • esteban987
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Playlists freeze in Spotify app but not in Google Home app

Hi, I've noticed recently that if I listen to Spotify off my Samsung S7 and stream to my CCA, if I add a song to a playlist the app crashes or the google home app seems to over power the Spoitfy app. Example is listening to a playlist, add a new song...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've noticed recently that if I listen to Spotify off my Samsung S7 and stream to my CCA, if I add a song to a playlist the app crashes or the google home app seems to over power the Spoitfy app....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Incorrect playlist

I want to get Jeanie Bryson - Some Cats Know album in my Premium Andriod phone.If I open Chrome browser in my Android TABLET, no Spotify app on that device, I find a page showing 14 songs by Jeanie Bryson on her "Songs of Peggy Lee" album with "Play ...

• Regular
  • I want to get Jeanie Bryson - Some Cats Know album in my Premium Andriod phone. If I open Chrome browser in my Android TABLET, no Spotify app on that device, I find a page showing 14 songs by Jean...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify not downloading

Solved! See solution below: Today, for no apparent reason Spotify decided to stop downloading songs. It says it is downloading but stays at 0% completed. I've cleared the cache, reinstalled the app and I have 18GB of room so I can't see why it's not ...

• Casual Listener
  • Solved! See solution below:   Today, for no apparent reason Spotify decided to stop downloading songs. It says it is downloading but stays at 0% completed. I've cleared the cache, reinstalled ...
  • Robertjltaylor
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloading
    Google Pixel
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sudden spike of Data usage in one day (~6Gb)

Hi community, I've been activiely using spotify almost every day, with extreme stream quality set. i rarely download albums and i always make sure it never downloads on mobile data. Each month i use around 5-6gbs of data from streaming. yesterday spo...

• Hi community,   I've been activiely using spotify almost every day, with extreme stream quality set. i rarely download albums and i always make sure it never downloads on mobile data. Each mon...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Problems in the audio with any song. Crunching and distortion at any volume level

Hi guys. I have problems with the audio of the songs I listen to. Since the last update 8.4.18.743 armV7, every time I play a song after a few seconds at any sound level, there will be noises such as crunches and distortion in the audio. My headphone...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys. I have problems with the audio of the songs I listen to. Since the last update 8.4.18.743 armV7, every time I play a song after a few seconds at any sound level, there will be noises such as...
  • Mirc
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify is completely killing my battery

I've been a Spotify subscriber for a few weeks and got the app for my phone. Ever since, my battery performance is horrible and I can no longer make it through the day without charging. When I look at the stats, Spotify is consuming far more battery ...

• I've been a Spotify subscriber for a few weeks and got the app for my phone. Ever since, my battery performance is horrible and I can no longer make it through the day without charging. When I look a...
  • 8Soks
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music starts, briefly stops, then plays again

At the start of every song when I skip track, the song will play for half a second, stop for a second then continue playing as normal, I can deal with this but it is extremely irritating.

• At the start of every song when I skip track, the song will play for half a second, stop for a second then continue playing as normal, I can deal with this but it is extremely irritating.
  • madatyou
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Modify download time feature

Hi, It would be really great if we could modify the time our downloads sync if on wifi/cellular. I would much rather have my downloads updates at midnight while I'm sleeping instead of the middle of the day. I don't see the feature to download at a c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   It would be really great if we could modify the time our downloads sync if on wifi/cellular. I would much rather have my downloads updates at midnight while I'm sleeping instead of the m...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes