Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to get beyond login screen

I am unable for several days now to get to the usual Spotify screen for searching, playlists etc. Differently to before I am asked to login upon opening the App. I have reset the passwords and so I know this is not the issue. When logging in I only s...

• I am unable for several days now to get to the usual Spotify screen for searching, playlists etc. Differently to before I am asked to login upon opening the App. I have reset the passwords and so I k...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop Spotify from taking control of headphone button ?

I've only been able it find posts about trying g to get Spotify to work with external headphone buttons. My problem is the opposite; it works too well. I use both Spotify and Aimp to listen to different sets of music. A lot of the things I listen to ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've only been able it find posts about trying g to get Spotify to work with external headphone buttons. My problem is the opposite; it works too well.  I use both Spotify and Aimp to listen to...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

How to automatically pause Spotify when listening to WhatsApp audio message

Hi all I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. Prior, I exclusively used an iPhone. With my iPhone, when I was listening to Spotify, if a WhatsApp audio message was received and I listened to it, Spotify would automatically pause to allow me to listen to the mes...

• Hi all   I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. Prior, I exclusively used an iPhone.   With my iPhone, when I was listening to Spotify, if a WhatsApp audio message was received and I listened to i...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Offline Mode is wonky as **bleep** with local files

I mostly wanted to post this to also vent my feelings towards the system to the staff/moderators - why is offline mode so wonky, convoluted, and flawed? Are there any plans to improve it? It's been like this since I first started my premium account a...

• I mostly wanted to post this to also vent my feelings towards the system to the staff/moderators - why is offline mode so wonky, convoluted, and flawed? Are there any plans to improve it? It's been l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

It wont play music unless you push the shuffle

My music won't play unless you push the shuffle button and it won't let me choose it.

• My music won't play unless you push the shuffle button and it won't let me choose it.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant turn autoplay off?

I have a free account and sometimes it's nice to have autoplay on so I can listen to new artists, but sometimes I just wanna listen to an album or playlist itself. I turned off autoplay but still found that I would get suggested music to the point wh...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a free account and sometimes it's nice to have autoplay on so I can listen to new artists, but sometimes I just wanna listen to an album or playlist itself. I turned off autoplay but still fou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

My Spotify works perfectly up until I try to go premium. Ive never had a problem with the upgrade before but now when I go to the page to select the offers it doesn't fully load and shows like a 'chached' version of the page and says that I need Java...

• My Spotify works perfectly up until I try to go premium. Ive never had a problem with the upgrade before but now when I go to the page to select the offers it doesn't fully load and shows like a 'cha...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps stopping

My Spotify stops playing every time I open a different app. I used to be able to play Spotify while on other apps e.g Facebook, Internet browser. Please help me find a solution to this Not sure what caused this change. Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify stops playing every time I open a different app. I used to be able to play Spotify while on other apps e.g Facebook, Internet browser. Please help me find a solution to this  Not sur...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

musicas saltando android 7.0

As musicas saltam nunca tocam ate ao fim o que faco? Samsung S7 edge

• As musicas saltam nunca tocam ate ao fim o que faco? Samsung S7 edge
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Maps Assistant

Hi, if I use google maps and say ,,ok google, play music by .'' it plays music with Play Music, if I start the Assistant manually with the homebutton and say ,,play music by .'' it plays music with spotify, how can I make google maps playing music wi...

• Hi, if I use google maps and say ,,ok google, play music by <bandname>.'' it plays music with Play Music, if I start the Assistant manually with the homebutton and say ,,play music by <bandn...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Make access to spotify beta more open

Like in topic. It would be nice to download beta release from Google play with auto update istead of downloading updates manually from apkmirror

• Visitor
  • Like in topic. It would be nice to download beta release from Google play with auto update istead of downloading updates manually from apkmirror 🙂
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Enchantmnet
    Fix
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify connect closes Spotify

Hello, When i use Spotify connect on my phone and the screen is swithed off, after some minutes Spotify is closed (there is no lock screen app anymore and no icon in the bar). The music on my Sonos plays normal and when i Start Spotify again, the cor...

• Hello,  When i use Spotify connect on my phone and the screen  is swithed off,  after some minutes Spotify is closed (there is no lock screen app anymore and no icon in the bar). The ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Subscription won't play

I've been studying French playing "coffee break french" by radio lingua network with their podcasts and sice yesterday I can' access them. Under my subscription it's listed there but when I click on it in the opera browser i get a "sorry couldnt find...

• I've been studying French playing "coffee break french" by radio lingua network with their podcasts and sice yesterday I can' access them.  Under my subscription it's listed there but when I cli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mark podcasts as played

I'm new to android after having been stuck with the iPhone's terrible podcast player. So I download Spotify, subscribe to my favorite podcast, and have a list of over 200 podcasts (all of which I've heard). If I click on each one, my choices are Down...

• I'm new to android after having been stuck with the iPhone's terrible podcast player. So I download Spotify, subscribe to my favorite podcast, and have a list of over 200 podcasts (all of which I've ...
  • ankurb
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 41 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 2 replies
  • 41 likes

Extremely high data usage

I've used Spotify premium since 2014 and never had a problem until yesterday. I may have listened to 3 albums yesterday when I got an alert from my service provider that I am dangerously close to exceeding my data usage max for the month. I took a lo...

• Casual Listener
  • I've used Spotify premium since 2014 and never had a problem until yesterday. I may have listened to 3 albums yesterday when I got an alert from my service provider that I am dangerously close to exc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doens't allow me to put offline music

Hi, I'm a premium user and lately Spotify doesn't seem to be able to download music. Everytime I try to download some tracks, a window pop up and says something that I would translate as "good library man! but you don't have enough space. You should ...

• Hi, I'm a premium user and lately Spotify doesn't seem to be able to download music. Everytime I try to download some tracks, a window pop up and says something that I would translate as "good librar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Songs take up full space on SD card and internal storage

This bug makes the App unusable.I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with a 64GB SanDisk Micro-SD card. And I'm going mad because of this bug.I download ~1000 songs in Best Quality and it takes up about 8GB.But the songs take up that space on both my ...

• Casual Listener
  • This bug makes the App unusable. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with a 64GB SanDisk Micro-SD card.   And I'm going mad because of this bug. I download ~1000 songs in Best Quality and it...
  • spadePerfect
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify freezes Nexus 5

After running Spotify on my Nexus 5 (ver 6.0.1) for a while (maybe an hour or more) everything slows or completely freezes on my phone. This happens consistently and only with Spotify. So I need to restart my phone after using Spotify nearly every ti...

• Roadie
  • After running Spotify on my Nexus 5 (ver 6.0.1) for a while (maybe an hour or more) everything slows or completely freezes on my phone. This happens consistently and only with Spotify. So I need...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play my music

When I go to my song list it will not let me play an of my songs on my list it's only playing with shuffle only why? Also I don't believe it is cause of not being a premium customer because my daughter also has the free account it is letting her go t...

• Casual Listener
  • When I go to my song list it will not let me play an of my songs on my list it's only playing with shuffle only why? Also I don't believe it is cause of not being a premium customer because my daught...
  • Chrysalove
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs deleted from my song library

Hi, All my saved songs have been deleted / wiped from my library. Is there a way to restore it? Very frustrating as its deleted all my songs which ive been saving for the last few years. I've been using it on an android phone. Thanks for any help or ...

• Hi,    All my saved songs have been deleted / wiped from my library. Is there a way to restore it? Very frustrating as its deleted all my songs which ive been saving for the last few year...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes