Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast will not play audio Shows, will play everything else?

Chromecast will not play audio Shows, will play everything else?

Trying hard to figure out why I can't cast the audio show I've been listening to on Bluetooth in my car to my Chromecast at home.

Going to 'Devices available' in the Android app shows that my Chromecast is not available, with the message 'Can't play this right now'.

If I switch to a song, though, no problem. I can cast as normal.

If I switch to a song, then try and play the show, it says 'Sorry, can't play this while connected to another device'.

If there's licensing issues, why aren't they documented anywhere on this site? 

Why can I only play shows on my phone, but the desktop app pretends they don't exist?

If you're going for a seamless experience, this has thrown me for a loop, severely. I'm a premium user, why don't I have access to all the options on all my devices??

4 Replies

Have you read this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Error-messages-when-trying-to-watch-Shows/td-p/1186311

Do you think this may be your issue?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

No, that's related to not being able to view any video shows. Not only is my Android OS up to date, but I'm not having any issues listening to audio shows. I'm getting a specific error message, referred in my question, related to CASTING to google chromecast audio.

Again, this is an audio issue, and it only occurs when I'm trying to cast an audio show. I can play audio shows fine when not casting, and I can cast songs without issue, but combining the two doesn't seem to be allowed.

Spotify can you please clarify this issue, I have the same issue when trying to stream audio podcasts only music works just fine

I have the same issue. playing to chromecast on tv. 

from a Galaxy S7 edge and from a Google Pixel C. Both are as uptodate as possible, as it the chromecast and spotify.

It's podcasts that are the problem...

Suggested posts