Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear currently playing song from queue

Clear currently playing song from queue

I'm not looking to clear the up-and-coming queue. I know how to do that.

I'm also not looking to clear the currently playing song from my playlist. I'm satisfied with the songs in each of my playlists.

I can't really get any more specific in my search terms and I still get about as far as those two topics.

I was trying to take a screenshot for the Spotify tweet where you just tweet your "On Repeat" album when I saw at the bottom, even though I had it paused, the little bar that showed the album art + the song that I had been playing earlier. That wasn't the big problem--it made sense, and I usually used that thing to resume playing later.

The real problem is when I wanted to get rid of it, just so I could take a screenshot of my "On Repeat" without having something distracting and/or confusing and just plain annoying. I look up how to clear a queue, and I cleared the queue entirely and then skipped the currently playing song, thinking that it would just stop playing anything at all because there's nothing in the queue. It didn't, it just generated a whole new queue and started playing that. Then I pulled up Spotify on my computer, tried to clear it, and I got REALLY CLOSE. 

As you can see in the picture, when I click on those three dots, in the mini-menu it shows "Remove from queue."

pajrc1234_0-1596419678032.png

Spoiler alert: it didn't work.

I just want to hide this little annoying bar for a little bit. It could've easily done this by removing the song that's currently playing from the queue (like it says I have the option to).

How do I make it so that I'm not "now playing" any song at all? Or at least hide this annoying bar at the bottom?

0 Replies

Suggested posts