Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatically shuffling from album homescreen icons

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung s8My Question or IssueI've been adding albums to my homescreen so I don't have to look through the app to play them, but after the new update it started shuffling them when I open them. This is very frustrating, and I don't w...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung s8 My Question or Issue I've been adding albums to my homescreen so I don't have to look through the app to play them, but after the new update it started shuffling t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

BMW skipping songs with steering wheel buttons

PlanPremiumDeviceOnePlus 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueIn BMW's you can control your Spotify App directly within the BMW system itself. Everything works just fine appart from skipping songs with the steerig wheel buttons, when I...

• Plan Premium Device OnePlus 7 Pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue In BMW's you can control your Spotify App directly within the BMW system itself. Everything works jus...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium Family and shuffle function

None of the below information is required. HowNonostamteever, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Wi...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. HowNonostamteever, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galax...
  • Stige
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Keeps switching to play random album

Spotify all of a sudden started playing music from a random album I've never played before. When I switch back, it only playes my chosen song for a few seconds before it plays the random album again. It's the same on my laptop. When I click pause on ...

• Spotify all of a sudden started playing music from a random album I've never played before. When I switch back, it only playes my chosen song for a few seconds before it plays the random album again....
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App is EXTREMELY Slow

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceGalaxy Note 9Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueI have a Galaxy Note 9, which is more than capable of running an app like Spotify. However, it has been very sluggish and slow for a couple months now. About half ...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue I have a Galaxy Note 9, which is more than capable of running an app like Spotify....
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify aggressively pushing waze app onto customers

My Question or Issue Spoitify continues to aggressively push the waze app. I've been asked to link the apps at least 15 times this month. I initially threatened to change apps but I like the product and service spotify offers so I don't want to chang...

• Casual Listener
  •   My Question or Issue  Spoitify continues to aggressively push the waze app.  I've been asked to link the apps at least 15 times this month.  I initially threatened to change a...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Activity switching while connecting

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid 9My Question or IssueWhen I follow the tutorial authentication sequence with the option 'showAuthView(true)' my startup activity is suspended and another starts briefly showing ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Android 9 My Question or Issue When I follow the tutorial authentication sequence with the option 'showAuthView(true)'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Free trial bugs

So yeah, i got spotify free everything is normal.But when im on my mobile spotify on android,i was thinking "i wonder if there is a free trial for premium" i searched and saw that there is button in the setting saying "go to premium" i press it and f...

• Visitor
  • So yeah, i got spotify free everything is normal. But when im on my mobile spotify on android,i was thinking "i wonder if there is a free trial for premium" i searched and saw that there is button i...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot share instagram story!?

PlanPremium CountryTurkey DeviceCasper Via P2 Operating System Android My Question or IssueHey! i cannot share my songs on instagram stories, all applications are updated, i deleted and installed again but nothing, there is only "direct" option for i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country Turkey   Device Casper Via P2   Operating System  Android   My Question or Issue Hey! i cannot share my songs on instagram stories, all ap...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Losing podcst progress

PlanPremiumCountryBrasil DeviceSamsung galaxy s10eOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHello, usually the app is losing the progress of the last heard podcast episode, so I'm listening a podcast, pause and after some hours when I return to ...

• Plan Premium Country Brasil   Device Samsung galaxy s10e Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Hello, usually the app is losing the progress of the last heard podcas...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Canvas feature turning it off alone

PlanFreeCountryBrazilDeviceSamsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos (SM-G355M)Operating SystemAndroid 4.4.2 Canvas turning it off Canvas deactivating alone, no matter what I try to do, I have already performed the procedures suggested here in the community but whe...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Brazil Device Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos (SM-G355M) Operating System Android 4.4.2   Canvas turning it off   Canvas deactivating alone, no matter what I try to ...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Android app freezing and non-responsive

Plan:Premium Country: Australia DeviceOppo R15 proOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueMy Spotify has been largely unresponsive for the last few days. When selecting songs the wheel just keeps turning and either doesn't play at all or wil...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan:Premium  Country: Australia   Device Oppo R15 pro Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue My Spotify has been largely unresponsive for the last few days...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Having Trouble Efficiently Creating Playlists

Plan: Free Country: US Device: Pixel 2 XL Operating System: Android 10 My Issue: I'm considering switching to Spotify from Apple Music. But every time I try to add a song to my Spotify playlist it puts me back to the search screen again. Then I have ...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Free   Country: US   Device: Pixel 2 XL   Operating System: Android 10   My Issue: I'm considering switching to Spotify from Apple Music. But every time I try t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Abort connection to chrome cast

PlanStudent planCountry DeviceSamsung S7Operating SystemIt's using android API 26. Don't know OS version My Question or IssueWhen you select to cast to a device, sometimes other peoples chrome casts appear. If you misclick and choose a chrome cast yo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Student plan Country   Device Samsung S7 Operating System It's using android API 26. Don't know OS version   My Question or Issue When you select to cast to a device, sometim...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Adds songs to my liked songs playlist in its own

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung a70Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSpotify keeps adding songs to my liked songs playlist . Songs ive never listened to. By artists I don't know , in genres I don't like.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung a70 Operating System Android     My Question or Issue Spotify keeps adding songs to my liked songs playlist . Songs ive never listened ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify will NOT work on my phone

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemANDROID My Question or IssueI have tried everything to make Spotify work reliably on my phone; it will NOT work. It takes forever to load when it does and then it is super slow when it doe...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System ANDROID   My Question or Issue I have tried everything to make Spotify work reliably on my phone; it will NOT work....
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I'm unable to share a song to my Instagram story

PlanFreeCountryIndia My Question or IssueWhen I try to share any song, all the options show up, including sharing to WhatsApp, Facebook news feed, SMS; but not the Instagram stories. Even in the 'More' section, there's no option to share to Instagram...

• Plan Free Country India   My Question or Issue When I try to share any song, all the options  show up, including sharing to WhatsApp, Facebook news feed, SMS; but not the Instagram st...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Random music being added to my playlists

Plan PremiumCountryCanadaDeviceAndroid Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueThere are music being added to all my playlists. I always delete/remove them from my playlists but they always comeback. I even block t...

• Visitor
  • Plan  Premium Country Canada Device Android  Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue There are music being added to all my playli...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New layout is garbage - where have the top 5 tracks of artists gine

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Media not provided on bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceSamsung galaxy S10 plusOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueSince I updated my device to android 10,each time I connect my phone to both of my cars (Mazda 3 2015 and KIA Ceed 2018) and play music from spotify, ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Israel Device Samsung galaxy S10 plus Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Since I updated my device to android 10,each time I connect my pho...
  • Udiakuka
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes