Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cleared data on Spotify app, now downloaded playlists won't play

Cleared data on Spotify app, now downloaded playlists won't play

I recently cleared data in the application manager of my android app to free some space. I now try to listen to my downloaded offline playlists and they don'y show as "available offline" with the green arrow anymore. The songs seem to still on my sd card taking up space, but it seems that the link has been broken. Do I have to re-download the playlists or is there some way to re-establish this link? 

5 Replies

When you say 'android app' are you referring to the 'Delete cache and saved data' option in the Spotify app, or a third-party file manager app?

I am referring to the spotify app. I did not use and third party app. Just
went into application manager, selected the spotify app and chose "clear
data".

Right, I see. 

In this case it seems that the application manager's 'clear data' option hasn't done a great job of clearing up your sd card and instead left behind a mess of file fragments.

The easiest thing to do in this situation would be to simply re-download the playlists.

In the future, if you're looking to free space within the Spotify app I suggest the following steps:

1. Open the Spotify app
  2. Go into Settings
  3. Scroll to the bottom and tap 'Delete cache and saved data' (this will delete all settings & downloaded playlists as well as requiring you to sign back into the Spotify app).

OK thanks for the help. 

Should I delete all of the fragments from my SD card before I re-download the playlists? Or when I re-download will it restore the links to the fragments on the SD card?

In order to avoid any issues that may arise when Spotify starts downloading the songs back into the SD I would recommend deleting all the fragments first.

Suggested posts