Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot download songs on SD card despite having three Android devices

Hello, for some reason it was suddenly not possible anymore to download songs on my Android phone. The error message always bothers that I ought to have more than three devices with that phone - I never had any problems downloading and neither added ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   for some reason it was suddenly not possible anymore to download songs on my Android phone. The error message always bothers that I ought to have more than three devices with that pho...
  • Brehliant
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not avalible in my country

Hi so I've had Spotify before on my last phone but now with my new phone its not allowing me to download it and I saying its not available in my country, this can't be the problem because I live in the channel islands and my sister with the same phon...

• Visitor
  • Hi so I've had Spotify before on my last phone but now with my new phone its not allowing me to download it and I saying its not available in my country, this can't be the problem because I live in t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Skip back option in widget and notification grayed out.

The skip back option in widget and notification has been grayed out and not allowing me to select it. Only while in the actual app it's lit up.

• Regular
  • The skip back option in widget and notification has been grayed out and not allowing me to select it. Only while in the actual app it's lit up.
  • charlesdotero
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New album won't play

Teens of denial by car seat headrest just came out but when I click on any song in the album, it appears on the bottom of the screen then promptly disappears. It may have been uploaded incorrectly. Not sure but I really want to hear it

• Casual Listener
  • Teens of denial by car seat headrest just came out but when I click on any song in the album, it appears on the bottom of the screen then promptly disappears. It may have been uploaded incorrectly. N...
  • rionmora
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Album Unavailable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shared playlist, notifications

I have active notifications (shared playlists), but they will not load on my android. I have the green dot saying that they are there but they never appear. I have tried logging out, logging out and reinstalling, but they never appear. My other frien...

• I have active notifications (shared playlists), but they will not load on my android. I have the green dot saying that they are there but they never appear. I have tried logging out, logging out and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Notifications
    shared playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sd card-too much memory

I have spotify on android 4.1.2,and sd card 8 GB kingston,class 10.When i go to android>data>com.spotify>files>spotify cashe>storageStorage folder now have a 300 mb and every time i listen some time it fills up.I think it will go to 7 GB. After some ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify on android 4.1.2,and sd card 8 GB kingston,class 10. When i go to android>data>com.spotify>files>spotify cashe>storage Storage folder now have a 300 mb and every time ...
  • igor_lavic
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist followers?

Where can i see in the app how many followers my playlist has?

• Music Fan
  • Where can i see in the app how many followers my playlist has?
  • Jennie1
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify CLOSES randomly when using other Apps

I have an account in Spotify Premium and recently it started to CLOSE the app when I open some other app like Facebook or Chrome. Not only stops playing but CLOSES the app Spotify, so I have to open it again and look for the song I was listening to. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an account in Spotify Premium and recently it started to CLOSE the app when I open some other app like Facebook or Chrome. Not only stops playing but CLOSES the app Spotify, so I have to open ...
  • Mariliasc
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can not play music

• Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

different libraries

It seems I got a really rare problem, I haven't found anything about it yet. Although it may seem impossible, but I have some tracks on my smartphone that aren't on spotify. Is it possible to still get them in my offline spotify playlists?or the play...

• It seems I got a really rare problem, I haven't found anything about it yet.   Although it may seem impossible, but I have some tracks on my smartphone that aren't on spotify. 🙂 Is it possib...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music wont play offline or automaticly continue

My premuim account will show that i can play the songs offline but when i dont have connection they wont play. Also, and just as irritating, the songs wont automaticly keep playing. I have to hit next song every time i want to listen to the next song...

• My premuim account will show that i can play the songs offline but when i dont have connection they wont play. Also, and just as irritating, the songs wont automaticly keep playing. I have to hit nex...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

error en subcripcion

ayuda quiero pagar y me marca el siguiente errorayuda me marca error

Screenshot_2016-05-24-12-14-13[1].jpeg Screenshot_2016-05-24-12-14-30[1].jpeg
  • ayuda quiero pagar y me marca el siguiente error ayuda me marca error
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Family Plan

My husband and I are having issues with our family plan. He cannot and I cannot play music at the sametime on different devices. Plz help!

• My husband and I are having issues with our family plan. He cannot and I cannot play music at the sametime on different devices. Plz help!
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Buttons

As i try to use the add to up next option while listening to my music my finger hits the actual song and changes my music. Is there a way to change the button size or can it be changed for everyones benefit?

• As i try to use the add to up next option while listening to my music my finger hits the actual song and changes my music. Is there a way to change the button size or can it be changed for everyones ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

I took a 7 days trial on my android smartphone. After that I also took an upgrade to Spotify Premium on my Mac.Will the seven day trial stop automaticaly or do I have to pay for both devices ?Thanks for your early reply Best regards, F.J. MankorAmste...

• I took a 7 days trial on my android smartphone. After that I also took an upgrade to Spotify Premium on my Mac. Will the seven day trial stop automaticaly or do I have to pay for both devices ? Tha...
  • lukebotham1
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! does Spotify use data

I am new to Speotify. When not streaming, are songs downloaded to the mobile device? If so, when listening, is there data usage?

• Visitor
  • I am new to Speotify.   When not streaming, are songs downloaded to the mobile device?   If so, when listening, is there data usage?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Device Broadcasting

Is there any way to disable device broadcasting?

• Is there any way to disable device broadcasting?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Notification Panel Controls Not Working With Chromecast Audio

I recently purchased two Chromecast Audios because I wanted to stream Spotify over WiFi instead of Blutooth. However, when playing through the Chromecast Audio(s) through my phone, pressing the "Next" button on either the lock screen widget or the No...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently purchased  two Chromecast Audios because I wanted to stream Spotify over WiFi instead of Blutooth. However, when playing through the Chromecast Audio(s) through my phone, pressing the...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Download songs to PC ?

I just signed up to Spotify. It says I can download songs, but are they only stored in my Spotify account or can I save these downloaded songs to my music folder on my PC ?Thnx

• I just signed up to Spotify. It says I can download songs, but are they only stored in my Spotify account or can I save these downloaded songs to my music folder on my PC ? Thnx
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlists Keep Getting Removed

Hi all, I've been using Spotify Premium for a couple of years now. Lately it seems like my offline playlists keep getting removed. This seems to have no rhyme or reason. I have to redownload them at random times. Not all of them are gone, either. I u...

• Hi all, I've been using Spotify Premium for a couple of years now.  Lately it seems like my offline playlists keep getting removed. This seems to have no rhyme or reason. I have to redownload th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes