Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

You're offline over Wi-Fi

Hi. I have the problem: "You're offline" issue over wi-fi with a router Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000.It seems more like network configuration. Does anyone know how to configure it? Everything works fine except the spotify.I tried everithing with the pr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I have the problem: "You're offline" issue over wi-fi with a router Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000. It seems more like network configuration. Does anyone know how to configure it? Everything works f...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help! Can't go online.

My phone always says it's offline. I restarted my phone, nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify. Nothing. I checked to make sure my phone is updated. It is. I don't know what to do. I can't actually use the app to listen to any music. Conside...

• My phone always says it's offline. I restarted my phone, nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify. Nothing. I checked to make sure my phone is updated. It is. I don't know what to do. I can't a...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

On verge of cancelling subscription due to android app

Does anyone know if there is anything i can do to improve the performance of the Spotify android app? I am really enjoying my subscription to Spotify premium, it has reignited my love for discovering new music! However, I am seriously considering cha...

• Music Fan
  • Does anyone know if there is anything i can do to improve the performance of the Spotify android app?   I am really enjoying my subscription to Spotify premium, it has reignited my love for di...
  • jimardee
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Various Spotify App issues recently started

This was posted to Spotify tech support. I'll post reples here but if anyone else has any bright ideas, I'd welcome them. Nexus 6 / Android V6 / Spotify 4.2.0.739 Seeing various problems with the app recently. My colleague at work who also uses spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • This was posted to Spotify tech support. I'll post reples here but if anyone else has any bright ideas, I'd welcome them.   Nexus 6 / Android V6 / Spotify 4.2.0.739   Seeing various pro...
  • IDK-4U
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Music drops out at end of every track

On my Kindle Fire Music drops out at end of every track, which has only happened since the queue feature was updated to Playing Now and Next Up. A similar thing happens on my Samsung Galaxy S6 except there are a few buzzes. It is almost like an audib...

• Casual Listener
  • On my Kindle Fire Music drops out at end of every track, which has only happened since the queue feature was updated to Playing Now and Next Up. A similar thing happens on my Samsung Galaxy S6 e...
  • erssie
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists Stopping After Every Track, Also Two-Seconds of Silence Towards the End of Every Track

Every since the last update this past weekend, Spotify has been inserting two seconds of silence towards the end of every track. The gaps consistently occur approximately 5 seconds before the end of each track. I don't usually have crossfade turned o...

• Casual Listener
  • Every since the last update this past weekend, Spotify has been inserting two seconds of silence towards the end of every track. The gaps consistently occur approximately 5 seconds before the end of ...
  • haleyjo
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • freeze
    gaps
    pause
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

No Internet connection

I have a Note 4 and version 5.2.0.885 and I can't listen to any of my play lists online. My trial ran out and everything I move the toggle to the left for it to be online it says 'no internet connection' and my wi-fi is fine. Someone help? Thanks

• Visitor
  • I have a Note 4 and version 5.2.0.885 and I can't listen to any of my play lists online. My trial ran out and everything I move the toggle to the left for it to be online it says 'no internet connect...
  • tezcuboy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove donwload music

removes downloads of some songs, but, the space in the card memory remains the same, help me.

• removes downloads of some songs, but, the space in the card memory remains the same, help me.
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't get pass login screen

Hi, I've been using premium for quite a few months on my phone but as of last night, the system asked me to login again. Now I can't get pass the login. on the first login screen it asked for my facebook credentials. I provide that and then it asks a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  I've been using premium for quite a few months on my phone but as of last night, the system asked me to login again.  Now I can't get pass the login.  on the first login screen it...
  • crizchan1224
  • Casual Listener
  • 84 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 84 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant login into spotify on Mobile

Since round about three days i cant login into my premium account anymore.It doesnt matter if i try with my facebook account or with my spotifiy username + password.It loads for a very long time telling me that the "Login is in Process", but nothing ...

• Regular
  • Since round about three days i cant login into my premium account anymore. It doesnt matter if i try with my facebook account or with my spotifiy username + password. It loads for a very long ...
  • Williamw88
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect to Samsung Multiroom

Hi all,I have a few samsung r series speakers that work fine with other apps and media on my device, however I cannot get Spotify to connect to the speakers. Spotify seems my speakers and if I group the. Together it sees them, however it does not con...

• Hi all, I have a few samsung r series speakers that work fine with other apps and media on my device, however I cannot get Spotify to connect to the speakers. Spotify seems my speakers and if I gr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify connect Samsung multiroom
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect keeping phone awake

I have a Nexus 6P, not rooted running latest OTA and whenever I listen to music on my PC at home/work/where ever my phone stays awake. So after a normal work day listening to Spotify, not using my phone at all, I'm still down to 50% battery. Using my...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Nexus 6P, not rooted running latest OTA and whenever I listen to music on my PC at home/work/where ever my phone stays awake.   So after a normal work day listening to Spotify, n...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't play on my device anymore.

I tried to start spotify in my car through an AUX cable to my phone like I have been doing for the last month or so, but suddenly nothing will play it keeps saying "Get premium now to play ad free music everywhere" has it changed that were not allowe...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried to start spotify in my car through an AUX cable to my phone like I have been doing for the last month or so, but suddenly nothing will play it keeps saying "Get premium now to play ad free mu...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Up to 200MB monthly data usage while 'Download using cellular' is off. What does Spotify download?

I use Spotify (Premium) every day. Settings:Offline mode deactivatedDownload using cellular: offThat should mean that Spotify downloads tracks only on WiFi, which seems to be te case.When I consult my Data usage per app (Android 6 on Nexus 5), I see ...

• Music Fan
  • I use Spotify (Premium) every day. Settings: Offline mode deactivated Download using cellular: off That should mean that Spotify downloads tracks only on WiFi, which seems to be te case. W...
  • paulochf
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant pay from phone

I've gone to pay for my spotify account, I put 15 pounds on my phone to 'pay by phone' and it doesnt allow me to do it as its already registered. How can I disable the account it linked to or how can I switch my money to a different payment option to...

• I've gone to pay for my spotify account, I put 15 pounds on my phone to 'pay by phone' and it doesnt allow me to do it as its already registered. How can I disable the account it linked to or how can...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

BB10 - Spotify - download files both on internal memory & external micro-sd card?

I am using Z30 using OS 10.3.2.2474.I downloaded Spotify from Amazon, have a Premium account and able to download music for off-line listening. However, instead of just downloading the files to the external micro SD card, it is also saving files to t...

• I am using Z30 using OS 10.3.2.2474. I downloaded Spotify from Amazon, have a Premium account and able to download music for off-line listening. However, instead of just downloading the files to t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

note 5 "this song is not available"

This problem is driving me crazy. Any help would be much appreciated. Spotify works fine on my computer and has always worked on my other mobile devices. I have a Premium subscription, and records of the money being taken out of my account consistent...

• Casual Listener
  • This problem is driving me crazy.  Any help would be much appreciated.   Spotify works fine on my computer and has always worked on my other mobile devices.  I have a Premium subscri...
  • mafodor
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Device storage to SD card

Hi, I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S7 with a 16GB memory card in it. There's still about 9GB left in it, so I changes the storage settings. I waited for it to load. Afterwhich it prompted me with something like, my files can't be transferred as...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S7 with a 16GB memory card in it. There's still about 9GB left in it, so I changes the storage settings. I waited for it to load. Afterwhich it prompted me wi...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify UI

I love Spotify for its content, but the user interfaces on all paltforms flat out SUCKS! Some of the things that really tick me off is 1) The "Shuffle Play" plays many of the same songs over and over, and some songs never! I know this is a long stand...

• Casual Listener
  • I love Spotify for its content, but the user interfaces on all paltforms flat out SUCKS!   Some of the things that really tick me off is   1) The "Shuffle Play" plays many of the s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mini connected and Huawei P9

Hi, I bought the new Huawei P9 and I own a BMW-Mini.Mini has a APP called MINI CONNECTED here we can run APPS and controll them on the vehicle dashboard.All the APPS run well with the exception of SPOTIFY.It's listed on the APPS IN VEHICLE ( in the t...

• Hi,   I bought the new Huawei P9 and I own a BMW-Mini. Mini has a APP called MINI CONNECTED here we can run APPS and controll them on the vehicle dashboard. All the APPS run well with the ex...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes