Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Were are the release notes for version 5.1.0.849?

I cannot find the release notes for Android app version 5.1.0.849. Unfortunately this topic doesn't seem to be updated anymore, why? Surely there are enough people waiting for solutions to their issues. Android release notes

• Music Fan
  • I cannot find the release notes for Android app version 5.1.0.849. Unfortunately this topic doesn't seem to be updated anymore, why? Surely there are enough people waiting for solutions to their issu...
  • Rick_Blaine
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect spotify on samsung galaxy 3 and samsung tv

Can you please advise how I can use the spotify app on my samsung galaxy 3 as a remote for the spotify app on my Samsung smart tv. I have a spotify premium account and the smart tv does not show up as a device on my galaxy. Many Thanks

• Can you please advise how I can use the spotify app on my samsung galaxy 3 as a remote for the spotify app on my Samsung smart tv. I have a spotify premium account and the smart tv does not show up a...
  • weler2k
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting podcasts?

Is there a way to sort podcasts by content type? I've never heard of nearly all of these podcasts that are listed, and I dont want to listen to minutes of them to get an idea of them.. Sorting by catagory would be nice. Say Tech, Movies or General En...

• Regular
  • Is there a way to sort podcasts by content type? I've never heard of nearly all of these podcasts that are listed, and I dont want to listen to minutes of them to get an idea of them..  Sorting...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Como personalizar la aplicación

Deseo cambiar los colores o así de la app un poco más de personalización ya tengo premium

• Deseo cambiar los colores o así de la app un poco más de personalización ya tengo premium
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Allow me to turn off app quickly on Android or happy to cancel service

Can't turn off app without going into settings, apps, force stop. Turns on every time I get into car. Very annoying that there is no exit, no stop, no swipe to close app. Pausing the song that randomly plays is the only quick option. Have android for...

• Casual Listener
  • Can't turn off app without going into settings, apps, force stop.  Turns on every time I get into car.  Very annoying that there is no exit, no stop, no swipe to close app.  Pausing th...
  • vegasmassimo
  • Roadie
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't change country

Hi, I originally downloaded Spotify in Spain and now I can't get in as it says the country is Spain and it doesn't give me another option to change? Can you please help??

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I originally downloaded Spotify in Spain and now I can't get in as it says the country is Spain and it doesn't give me another option to change? Can you please help??
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving albums for offline

I'm having trouble with playing songs from saved albums when offline. I connect to wifi, download & save the albums I want yet even though the green arrow shows they're saved, as soon as phone is turned off/restarted & i lose connection the saved alb...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having trouble with playing songs from saved albums when offline. I connect to wifi, download & save the albums I want yet even though the green arrow shows they're saved, as soon as phone is...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android - Type of storage/maximum storage

Hi all, I have just joined Spotify on the Premium trial, loving it so far.I was wondering a few things.1. After looking through the Help and Guides, I was wondering is storage on Android (I have a HTC One M9) restricted to just SD cards? I have an ex...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I have just joined Spotify on the Premium trial, loving it so far. I was wondering a few things. 1. After looking through the Help and Guides, I was wondering is storage on Android...
  • Sk1dMark
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify not closing on Android

Spotify wont close on Android. Even when restart and reinstall. All other programs close accept spotify. Stays open. Incl when restart. Stay open

• Spotify wont close on Android. Even when restart and reinstall. All other programs close accept spotify. Stays open. Incl when restart. Stay open
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Yamaha Speakers not showing on AVAILABLE DEVICES

I play spotify through my YAMAHA speakers. Today, Spotify is not showing the speakers as an available device. I have tried on Android app and also Windows 10 and both are not locating the speakers. I know the speakers are connected to my network beca...

• Visitor
  • I play spotify through my YAMAHA speakers.  Today, Spotify is not showing the speakers as an available device.   I have tried on Android app and also Windows 10 and both are not locating ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Notification

The Artist I follow I'm not getting any notifications

• Casual Listener
  • The Artist I follow I'm not getting any notifications
  • EilerWessel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Instant deleting and Re-downloading of "offline" files

I've been searching ALL AROUND and there's still no fix for this.There are certain songs that i downloaded which cause Spotify to crash. And yes I verified it because none of the other songs cause this problem.Now the problem is that while I've alrea...

• I've been searching ALL AROUND and there's still no fix for this. There are certain songs that i downloaded which cause Spotify to crash. And yes I verified it because none of the other songs cause ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound problem

I have premium, and it doesn't matter if I'm offline or with wi fi, the song keeps playing but there's no sound. And I have to forward the song so I can hear it. I already downloaded the app two times.No one else has my user and I have this problem o...

• I have premium, and it doesn't matter if I'm offline or with wi fi, the song keeps playing but there's no sound. And I have to forward the song so I can hear it. I already downloaded the app two time...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • pauses
    Play
    sound
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connects to Chromecast but doesnt play

Hey,I was wondering if anyone is having the same trouble as me when it comes to Spotify and Chromecast. I never have any issues connecting to Chromecast, as it always appears on Spotify's select device playlist. My trouble begins when I try to play m...

• Hey, I was wondering if anyone is having the same trouble as me when it comes to Spotify and Chromecast.   I never have any issues connecting to Chromecast, as it always appears on Spotify'...
  • yaddanz
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android marshmello

Issues with Spotify logging me off several times a day and resets my settings to factory settings every time logged off. Also lose my songs I downloaded. It's iriatating.

• Issues with Spotify logging me off several times a day and resets my settings to factory settings every time logged off. Also lose my songs I downloaded. It's iriatating.
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android marsmello with motorola x pure phone.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Using spotify at funeral

Hey, random question here. There is a track on spotify that our family want to play at a funeral (unavailable elsewhere in time). The funeral location only has a CD player. Is there any way to burn spotify tracks onto CD? What other options would we ...

• Hey, random question here. There is a track on spotify that our family want to play at a funeral (unavailable elsewhere in time). The funeral location only has a CD player. Is there any way to burn s...
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't go back

I have a samsung s5. When I am in lock screen and shuffle my music i sometimes want to go back to previous song (i skip too fast) I only have a forward button or pause. No back button. How can I change this? I know my friends that have iphones can go...

• I have a samsung s5. When I am in lock screen and shuffle my music i sometimes want to go back to previous song (i skip too fast) I only have a forward button or pause. No back button. How can I chan...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

not enough storage to download app

all of a sudden the spotify app on my adroid started to complain about storage, whilst the storage room is very big still. i removed spotify to try and restart it, but now it doesnt even download anymore: 'didnt find enough storage to download' it sa...

• all of a sudden the spotify app on my adroid started to complain about storage, whilst the storage room is very big still. i removed spotify to try and restart it, but now it doesnt even download any...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! AFTER UPGRADING TO MARSHMALLOW (ANDROID 6.0.1) SPOTIFY WILL STOP PLAYING AFTER SCREEN GOES TO SLEEP.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 with MARSHMALLOW (ANDROID 6.0.1 since the 1st week of April ) and I've been back and forth with the help desk at Spotify who recomended to do a hard reset of the OS which I did, and after re-installing a fresh version o...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 with MARSHMALLOW (ANDROID 6.0.1 since the 1st week of April ) and I've been back and forth with the help desk at Spotify who recomended to do a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't download songs when the screen turns off

Hi. I have premium account and I only can download songs when I'm running spotify and the screen is turning on.When my phone is locked but I'm listening music from Spotify, the download stop.Is this a device configuration?I have Samsung Galaxy S6 edg...

• Hi. I have premium account and I only can download songs when I'm running spotify and the screen is turning on. When my phone is locked but I'm listening music from Spotify, the download stop. Is t...
  • utack2
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    Premium
    Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes