Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify used all my data??

i was at school and spotify was closed and my data had been left on. afater school i checked my phone and it had said that i had gone 1gb over my 2gb limit. i checked my data usaage and it said 1gb had been used by spotify in that one day

• i was at school and spotify was closed and my data had been left on. afater school i checked my phone and it had said that i had gone 1gb over my 2gb limit. i checked my data usaage and it said 1gb h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No internet connection on mobile data Samsung Galaxy s6

Hi, my spotify was running fine all the time untill an hour ago. When I try to run spotify on mobile data it says that i have no internet connection although I do have. On Wi-Fi the spotify works fine only on mobile data it wont work. I'v tried reins...

• Hi, my spotify was running fine all the time untill an hour ago. When I try to run spotify on mobile data it says that i have no internet connection although I do have. On Wi-Fi the spotify works fin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Occasional incorrect artwork when skipping tracks.

When I skip tracks a few times Spotify will show incorrect artwork, it's normally something I have not long played.Clicking back button and calling up the playing track (or switching to another app and back again) always sorts this but it's annoying ...

Screenshot_2016-05-21-21-23-48.png Screenshot_2016-05-21-21-25-47.png
  • Casual Listener
  • When I skip tracks a few times Spotify will show incorrect artwork, it's normally something I have not long played. Clicking back button and calling up the playing track (or switching to another app...
  • CosmosBeats
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug with disc images.

Did anyone having problem with these pictures above song name? My one are buged. My main playlist is like 450 tracks. And sometimes when swiping to another track. It stucks wirh 4 songs pictures and keeps showing for all songs.

• Casual Listener
  • Did anyone having problem with these pictures above song name? My one are buged. My main playlist is like 450 tracks. And sometimes when swiping to another track. It stucks wirh 4 songs pictures and ...
  • Arlandas
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback skips and sometime stops since last update (Nexus 5X)

Hi all, I'm having some really bad playback issues on my Nexus 5x since the last update. At times the tracks pause for a second and even not play at all. This has only happened since my last update. Prior to this it has been fine. Any ideas ?

• Hi all,   I'm having some really bad playback issues on my Nexus 5x since the last update. At times the tracks pause for a second and even not play at all. This has only happened since my last...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music wont save.

I recently had an issue with all my music deleting off my phone making it unable to play without data/wifi. I tried again to download my music all over again and it happened to delete itself again. Not sure if its something wrong with my settings or ...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently had an issue with all my music deleting off my phone making it unable to play without data/wifi. I tried again to download my music all over again and it happened to delete itself again. N...
  • JakeAct
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trouble logging on to android app in the Philippines with paid account

So I am currently having problems trying to log in on the Spotify app on Android while in the Philippines. It says the username or password is incorrect, but I can sign onto the website with no problems.

• Casual Listener
  • So I am currently having problems trying to log in on the Spotify app on Android while in the Philippines. It says the username or password is incorrect, but I can sign onto the website with no probl...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Offlline Data Corrupting my SD card

Hi All, Today spotify screen went blank and after some restarts of the application, i restarted my device, only to find that my SD Card was corrupted, so the workaround, as this happened before, is to delete the spotify offline data in my sd card wit...

• Music Fan
  • Hi All, Today spotify screen went blank and after some restarts of the application, i restarted my device, only to find that my SD Card was corrupted, so the workaround, as this happened before, ...
  • stenzj
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

HomeScreen Spotify widget GONE :'(

Hey guys As the title states my spotify homescreen widget is gone, it just suddenly disapperead. I tried a clean install and a reboot but it is just not appearing between all the widgets again. It is currently working for my lock screen. Im in dire n...

• Hey guys   As the title states my spotify homescreen widget is gone, it just suddenly disapperead. I tried a clean install and a reboot but it is just not appearing between all the widgets aga...
  • Balthezkar
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify stops playing when I lock my phone

I just updated the app and got premium and before this, I could lock my phone and music would still play, but now it stops playing about 3 seconds after it shuts off. Can someone please help me?

• Regular
  • I just updated the app and got premium and before this, I could lock my phone and music would still play, but now it stops playing about 3 seconds after it shuts off. Can someone please help me?
  • heatherleone78-
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes on relaunch

The app works fine when I first launch it, i can listen to songs and browse music. When I go out of the app and then relaunch it, it will crash for no reason. I have to restart the app. Any idea why?

• Regular
  • The app works fine when I first launch it, i can listen to songs and browse music. When I go out of the app and then relaunch it, it will crash for no reason. I have to restart the app. Any idea why?
  • hanstammiste
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Error song not available

I get this error message frequently and not sure why. Ill close app and restart but shortly after a few songs it will do it again. Also after a few songs play through it will stop automatically playing the next song. I have to open my phone to the ap...

• Casual Listener
  • I get this error message frequently and not sure why. Ill close app and restart but shortly after a few songs it will do it again. Also after a few songs play through it will stop automatically playi...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't use the gift card

Yesterday I was buy $144 3months gift card from 7-11,when i want back ,the website said:Unfortunately this Premium code does not seem to be valid. Try again or contact customer service.So i go to 7-11 to ask,but the clerk told me go tp contact Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday I was buy $144 3months gift card from 7-11,when i want back ,the website said:Unfortunately this Premium code does not seem to be valid. Try again or contact customer service.So i go to 7-1...
  • SomiMomo
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs stop playing after 30 minutes when away from WiFi

Hi there, I have been using premium for about 2 months with no issues at all but now whenever I'm out of my WiFi connection at home it only let's me listen to my download songs for exactly 30 minutes then cuts me off and says I need to go back on lin...

• Hi there, I have been using premium for about 2 months with no issues at all but now whenever I'm out of my WiFi connection at home it only let's me listen to my download songs for exactly 30 minutes...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pagar spotify

Hola buenos días, no sé dónde dirigir el email, soy premium y me han robado las tarjetas de crédito, las he anulado, y el banco me tiene que mandar las nuevas por correo ordinario, mientras tanto no puedo poner el número de la tarjeta válida, pero no...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola buenos días, no sé dónde dirigir el email, soy premium y me han robado las tarjetas de crédito, las he anulado, y el banco me tiene que mandar las nuevas por correo ordinario, mientras tanto no ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing local files to Android from a different computer

I had a PC running on Windows 7, and with it I was able to sync songs from my computer to my Android phone. However, that computer stopped working, and now that I'm on a different computer, the songs won't sync to the phone; they don't even have the ...

• Casual Listener
  • I had a PC running on Windows 7, and with it I was able to sync songs from my computer to my Android phone. However, that computer stopped working, and now that I'm on a different computer, the songs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Me cambio de primium a free

que tengo que hacer para cancelar una suscripción ya que no puedo utilizar primium

• que tengo que hacer para cancelar una suscripción ya que no puedo utilizar primium
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Dowload fails

Why is that everytime I open other app (while Spotify is still running in the background) the download always stops? Also, it says that I need to go online to download while I'm already online.

• Visitor
  • Why is that everytime I open other app (while Spotify is still running in the background) the download always stops? Also, it says that I need to go online to download while I'm already online.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost email and password

I forgot my email and password please help

• I forgot my email and password please help
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playings songs on phone with PREMIUM

I have spotify premium. Downloaded the app on my phone but it still wouldn't let me play most songs. I keep getting error messages saying "Can't play this sogg". With spotify premium, shoudnt I be able to play every single song on spotify with no iss...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium. Downloaded the app on my phone but it still wouldn't let me play most songs. I keep getting error messages saying "Can't play this sogg". With spotify premium, shoudnt I be ab...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes