Connecting to Spotify Notification

85 people liked this

Connecting to Spotify Notification

Rising Star 10 Stormageddons
Rising Star 10

Hey everyone, I just noticed an odd notification start popping up on my phone and I'm not sure why it's there. 

At random times throughout the day, regardless of what applications are open, I'll get a notificaiton that says "Connecting to Spotify", as you can see in the picture attatched. The notification can't be dismissed, but always goes away after a little bit. It just keeps doing that, popping up and then disappearing. I only noticed it recently, probably after the most recent update (I'm running version 8.4.78.530).

Has anyone else seen this, or have any idea what might be causing it?

Thanks!

StormageddonsRising Star 10
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Screenshot_20181108-205218.png
18 Replies
24 people liked this

Re: Connecting to Spotify Notification

azureguard

Hey, give this thread an upvote! Many have already reported this issue. Cheers!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Connecting-to-spotify-in-Android-Notification/idi-p/...

1 person liked this

mikkoantero
Casual Listener

I connected bluetooth device and i see that but then then it disappeared from the screen when i started song.

7 people liked this

AtlantaChris

This has been going on for two months and Spotify still hasn't responded??

2 people liked this

s011062

I'm using Samsung note 9 and this came up to me since last week, I have uninstall the Spotify and unscribe to avoid this annoying notification. 

3 people liked this

Wacom007
Casual Listener

Mine is there all the time!  Even when I force close Spotify.  I'm concerned more it's eating my already poor battery life than actually connecting though because ours appeared 13 times as I write this.  Any leads?

2 people liked this

Nomylol
Casual Listener

It seems like they don't **bleep** about problems like this. I've had an issue where Spotify desktop doesn't remember what the last playlist/song I listened to is, and it always returns to the same one when starting my PC. Many other people have the same issue, and they still haven't fixed it..

1 person liked this

nipunajay3
Regular

This is happening to me too! And when this happens, my bluetooth headphones get disconnected, which is annoying because it keeps happening every 5 minutes or so.

Nomylol
Casual Listener

Huh, that sounds annoying. I use BT headphones too, but I haven't had a problem with them disconnecting.

Mm1q

Same here. Each time I connect to BT. Annoying 

SUGGESTED POSTS