Country

New Zealand

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

TL;DR: As the title says.

I listen to Podcasts on Spotify during my work using bluetooth earmuffs. Yesterday immediately after lunch, the podcast started to cut out every ten minutes (exactly as far as I could tell) and I had to press the pause button to get it restarted every time. I also found I could no longer use that button to pause the podcast, and had to turn the bluetooth off when I took my break to pause it. The next day I was listening to the podcast with bluetooth earbuds and found the issue was persisting. I searched for a solution and did the following: Restarted Spotify App; Reinstalled Spotify App; Logged out and back in; Make sure the app is up-to-date; Closed any other apps I was not using; Restarted my phone; Added Spotify to my Phone's "Never Sleep" list. It seemed to work as I ran into no issues during work today until after lunch (at the exact same time as the day before) the issue began again exactly as before. I have had Spotify premium for about 4 years, and this current phone for seven months and never run into an issue like this before. How do I fix it?

6 Replies

same issue with my Samsung Note 10+

Same issue on my OnePlus 6, with the additional issue of the currently playing bar not displaying what I'm currently playing. I've uninstalled Spotify, cleared cache, cleared all data, signed out everywhere, reinstalled and signed back in. This seems to fix the issue for a while but then it happens again. I've also removed the battery optimization for this app, and that didn't help.

I believe it's linked to the issue here as well: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Now-playing-bar-not-updating/idi-p/5216033

I'm also listening to a lot of podcasts, but it happens with my music too.

Spotify version: 8.6.30.889

Plan: Premium

Device: OnePlus 6

Operating System: Android 10

Having the same issue with my Note 20 ultra 

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

We'd like to confirm if when you reinstalled the app you followed the steps in this guide. Those are for a clean reinstall, which is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to remove any cached or corrupted files that might be causing trouble.

Additionally, can you let us know if that only happens when you're using a Bluetooth connected device, or also when just using wired headphones or the phone's speaker?

@allicatviii, about the issue with the playing bar not working correctly, we suggest adding your +Vote and all the info requested in the Ongoing Issue thread you mentioned so we can forward it to the teams that are currently working on it.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Carlos,

I had done the clean reinstall and it was happening on two sets of Bluetooth headphones and a speaker, also on the phone's speaker.

It seems to have resolved itself now, so I don't know if there was an update. Either way, thanks for looking into it!

Hey @allicatviii,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Glad to hear the issue is gone now. 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions or issues 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts