Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customize list of available devices

Customize list of available devices

My Idea:

There should be an option to customize the devices that are available to play. Delete at least those that we don't want.

I currently have multiple devices at home that support Google Cast and Spotify Connect but only use a few of them. It is very annoying to have to search for the device I want in a list full of devices that I will not use. Obviously I want those devices to remain connected to my network.

It is also annoying that devices such as my PlayStation 4 appear in this list. I have logged out. Unlinked my Spotify and PlayStation accounts. I have completely formatted my PlayStation. I have cleared the cache and reinstalled Spotify on mobile. Still, it continues to appear as a device available in gray even if I can't use it.

4 Replies

Hey @pikatoste,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

If you'd like to present your feedback as an Idea for Spotify, make sure to follow these steps:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Agree. I'm going to post it as an idea. I couldn't find a way to do it.

Hey @pikatoste,

Thanks for your update.

Glad to hear you're going to create an Idea for this.

As a heads-up, you can invite other Community users to add their +VOTE as well as subscribe if they post about similar topics and you think they might be interested in seeing what you suggest as implemented. That way, they'll be notified with all the future updates regarding this.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dejo el enlace a la idea que he propuesto para que otros usuarios puedan votarla:

Idea to customize the device list 

Suggested posts