NEXT STEP

Daily mixes are not updating

Daily mixes are not updating

Plan

Free

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or issue

I've been experiencing this issue for almost a month, the daily mixes keep the same tracks, even though I use them frequently I don’t know what to do.

Thanks for the help. 

2 Replies

I actually came here to post about this, because I've been experiencing the same issue for a similar length of time. It only occurs on the mobile app for me, too. Both the desktop app and the web player update regularly as expected. If I search for "Your Daily Mix" on the mobile app, it shows the updated mixes that appear on the desktop/web players, but they can't be opened (they react to me pressing them, but they don't open the playlist). I managed to get the playlists to refresh once or twice by doing the following:

1. Opening the mobile and desktop apps at the same time
  2. Starting a song from the end of the first playlist on the desktop app (first playlist because it only seemed to update playlists that are greater than or equal to the one you play from when this worked one of the few times)
  3. On the mobile app, choose to start playing from the mobile device
  4. On the desktop app, start the new last song in the playlist (the playlist should have expanded after step 2) (the mobile device should still be the output device)
  5. Repeat step 4 a bunch more times (the playlist stopped loading more songs after I did it 8 times)
  6. The next day, your daily mix might be updated.

The usual steps of clean-installing the app, forcing all devices to log out, etc, didn't seem to help.

My specs

Device: Moto E4

Operating System: Android 7.1.1

Spotify app version: 8.5.14.752

It seems there's more people experiencing this issue and Spotify doesn't really do anything. 

Here's a link to the thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Daily-Mixes-Don-t-Refresh-Change-or-Update/idc-p/475...

Suggested posts