Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dangerous bug / Connect starts with Max Volume on AVR

Dangerous bug / Connect starts with Max Volume on AVR

Problem:

on the first start of Spotify Connect beaming to an AVR it starts with MAXIMUM VOLUME!

This can blow your ears and your speakers, it is realy dangerous not only annoying.

The volume is preset to max, you may notice it on the connect screen and hopefully you are fast enough to reduce it before it blows your ears.

It has nothing to do with the hardware keys, the soft vol control is set to max..

This happens since Spotify Update 2.4.0.825, before everything was OK.

It is probaly not related to the AVR because it hapens to Denon and Onky devices, please look to

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Start-Spotify-Connect-on-AVR-volume/td-p/1011228

My config:

AVR Onkyo 616 Release 1171-6110-0501 (Onkyo release for Spotify Connect)

Andoid Devs:

1) Acer Iconia Tab 511 Android 4.1.2

2) Huawei G330 Android AOSPA 4.4.4 / ParanoidAndroid 4.6

Please have a quick look on this problem, it is serious.

Thanx for your help

Hermann

9 Replies

Same Problem here, Onkyo TX NR414 and the same Spotify version app. Happened at 11:30PM... Please Fix, this is a very dangerous bug as said...

Greetings

Fabian

Same here, with Onkyo nr636 and brand new Klipsch speakers. I'm very upset, Spotify did it to me last midnight and everyone woke up in the house. My luck was(and the speakers') that the max. volume is reduced to level 50 so the speakers survived, but this is a ridiculous bug. I'm not a developer but i guess that would probably a change of 5-10 rows in the code. Please Spotify, fix this a.s.a.p.

Thank you!

One of your subscribers

Hi
I have a denon and it seems to me that it starts with current avr volume which can be pretty high depending on the source you were listening before.
Understanding this can be important for developers, I will try to escalate this problem.