Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete song from 2018 top songs

Delete song from 2018 top songs

Just got my 2018 top songs playlist and a few of them are songs that I only listened to once and hated. Any way to delete those out of the playlist. 

8 Replies

Hey @Tim_seger!

You can't modify the original Top 100 playlist. The workaround to modify the playlist is to select all the songs in Top 100 and create a new playlist from the selection. After that you can modify the newly created playlist as you like.

Workarounds are nice, but this is a once a year bonus playlist from Spotify, would be very appreciated to provide the ability to tweak...In my case I listen to newage music sometimes at night to go to sleep, and all these (approx 20) ended up in my 2018 wrapped, MAKES MY WRAPPED UP PLAYLIST COMPLETELY BIZARRE & USELESS.

Absolutely agree. There should be a button available in any dynamicly creared playlist "don't play this song anymore".

Sometimes you get these songs to automatic playlist for no reason. In 2018 playlist, I have some songs that I personally never listened to and don't even like.

Now I have to skip them manually each time I listen to 2018 playlist. Moreover if I don't skip them, Spotify may "think" that I like them and create recomendations based on this

Hi there and Happy New Year, 

Have you discovered a way to correct this on your end? I keep getting prompts to accept the user who suggested to copy a playlist minus songs I don't want over to a new playlist, but this isn't a solution in my books and defeats the whole process!!?

Although I appreciate your desire to help, based on my experience and opinion, this is not an acceptable solution.

A simple way of tweaking/modifying or at the very least deleting some songs in the Wrapped 2018 playlist is all that's needed.

I have this gripe too. Someone(s)  got into my account and created a bunch of playlists and 800+ liked songs. It was easy enough to delete all the liked songs on my desktop app (can't do mass deletes on mobile app - irritating). Playlists were pretty easy to delete too. Whoever got into my account now has all their top music in the 2019 Top Songs and I can't get rid of any of them or delete this list entirely.

Please do something about this.

Hey there @zewkini

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If you notice any suspicious activity on your Spotify account, always follow the steps below first:

1. Open the Reset Password form in a private/incognito window and create a new, strong password you haven’t used for another online-service; 

2. Open your Account Page, scroll down and click on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

We also recommend checking this help page on how to protect your Spotify-account. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

I should have mentioned I signed out of everything and reset my password before deleting all the music that is not mine (at least the stuff I could delete). The 2019 Top Song list was created by Spotify but the list is polluted with songs from whoever broke into my account mixed in with the songs I listened to. I can't delete this list nor any of the music in it. I'm really unhappy about this and I've done everything I can do at this point.

Suggested posts