Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device Available Issues

Device Available Issues

Is anyone else having issues with the newest spotify updating seeing all the devices available? In the past, I have been able to see the other devices that are logged on. Now, is there distance limitation for devices outside a certain range? You used to be able to play music on any unlocked/available devices that are logged onto the same account. Or could it be the other device turned off the availability to share music? Is that possible? I get this little notification in the notification bar saying that something is being listened to on a different phone, but the device is not popping up on devices available. What happened? Help please!

2 Replies

Hello @idontunderstand,

If it pops up saying someone is listening on another device and you have not authorised this, please update your password immediately (https://www.spotify.com/account/change-password/)

Regarding not being able to see the devices, I am unsure about this and will ask someone else to assist you with this 🙂

Hello @idontunderstand. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

It sounds like you're talking about Spotify Connect - the ability to control Spotify on other devices logged into the same account, yeah? If so, I understand your frustration, and have experienced this occasionally myself. Here's what I do to make it work:

1. Close and reopen the Spotify App on any devices I want to use.
  2. Disconnect and reconnect mobile data services if on cell phone.
  3. Reinstall the Spotify App, although I don't usually need to do this.

Normally, simply closing and reopening the app is enough to make Spotify Connect show all available devices that my account is signed into. I believe this happens because cell service isn't all that reliable, at least where I live, and so the connection doesn't always update my online devices. Let me know how this goes for you, and keep on rockin'!

Suggested posts