Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable Ford Applink with spotify

Solved!

Disable Ford Applink with spotify

Is there anyway to disable spotify from having my Microsoft Sync in my Ford from being solely controlled through the car? It's entirely bothersome to try and navigate through my car to get to a different artist or playlist when I could just do it easily through my phone.

On my end, my mustang has no nav, and I cannot find any way to disable Sync from completely controlling my phone's spotify app. All it shows is the spotify logo with an arrow to a Ford logo. Super annoying.

246 Replies

Came in to check one last time before moving off Spotify. Glad I did now.  This needs to be messaged to people who contacted support, you're probably still losing customers over a decision you've reversed.

Came back as a morbid curiosity to see if this had been fixed/worked around as I cancelled my sub when my other half was driving us home in my car leaving me in charge of music and no controls to do so!

Cancelled my subscription now and moved to a competitive offering. Might come back, might not... It was the lame customer service that clinched it for me. Not even acknowledging that this update was broken was just plain rude.

Hi,

For a couple of weeks now i cannot use Spotify in the car via bluetooth. It happened after the previous update, but even after the last one that took place yesterday, i still cannot get the app to work.

The music was playing, and then i got a bluetooth diconnected message. After i got this, everytime spotify opens up on the phone, the bluetooth gets disconnected. Now, what happens is that i cannot even make or receive calls via bluetooth anymore. Its not the first time this has happened. I got the same problem about 3-4 times in the past six months. Please, does anyone else have this issue, or is it just me? And is it due to the latest updates? If yes, what does the company intend to do about this.

Quite honestly, it has become quite a hassle trying to run spotify in the car. 

Are you running Ford Sync by any chance?

Try disconnecting the battery terminal for 30 seconds in your car. See if the problem persists.

Hey Bobbius,

I recently updated Spotify for the first time in a while and got the exact same issue that you're running into. Music was running perfectly ok, but now every time spotify goes to play a song the bluetooth cuts out and the phone 'disconnects'.

So far I haven't found a solution to the problem (and I can only assume this is due to a spotify update as previous versions I never had this issue), and it's becoming increasingly frustrating to not be able to play music due to the issue. SmartDeviceLink briefly pops up on my phone notifications and then dissapears, so I can only assume that this is one of the culprits to the problem.

I started experiencing this issue recently as well, in which Bluetooth would disconnect as soon as Spotify was started, so as part of troubleshooting I wanted to narrow it down to just Spotify.  I fired up Google Music and the same thing happened, so I realized it wasn't just the app.  I pulled the #3 fuse in my interior fuse box (2013 Mustang GT, yours may vary) for 30 seconds, and when it came back up, the issue was gone.  I performed the latest Sync update after that (v4.6) and the issue did not return.  As suggested above, you could also simply pull the battery cable for 30 seconds to do a hard reset, but I didn't want to reset everything in the car, just Sync.

Yep, I second that, Ford Sync v4.4 is very glitchy and causes the described issue once every now and then. Upgraded to v4.6 and so far so good. Plus, in v4.6 they introduced a Reset Sync option that allows you to basically do a software version of SYNC fuse pull and reset.

Hoping for the best!

Suggested posts